Hermit Crab trying to change home

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bawel

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hi guys,

I just thought I'd share this pic here. I caught my blue-legged hermit crab trying to switch shells, but the new shell couldn't fit, but I caught him doing it and it's amazing that I saw he dragged out his whole body out.

img_935206_0_9502fc9cd9cfe6c07f167d8b0c606383.jpg

That is so cool!
Last week I noticed my husbands hermit on a rock and he hadn't moved all day. Later on, while I was watching, the hermit pushed his empty shell out and it fell off the rock. It kinda freaked me out, I thought it was a dead crab falling.

Wow... isn't it cool when you get to watch all this little crazy things that going on? :)
How's your aquapods coming along Jill?

It's coming, I guess. I just ordered some mushrooms and zoa frags from Pacific East Aquaculture. I'm still trying to figure out what I can and want to put in there. I really like watching the inverts, kinda comical sometimes.
When are you going to put some coral in your tank? You know you want to!

I know Jill, temptation temptation, I need some new lighting though if I do corals, so we'll see if I get some green for my birthday soon :) and I need skimmer too... so many things to prepare for coral :) You should start your posting once you get your corals in...

Yeah inverts are really comical, they do unbelievable things, I'm going to post another pic when I get home. My emerald crab is abusing my scarlet hermit crab the other day and I was there watching them :p

I forgot how addicting this hobby can be. Once you think you have every thing you need you find out you "need" something else. It's a vicious cycle.

I need some new lighting though if I do corals

Your lighting is good for some of the corals already. Im using the exact same light as you are. (hehe nothing like adding fuel to the fire) i love this addiction umm i mean hobby. :D

hahaha, it's all good... I'm battling now between changing the lights or getting a Picotope for my birthday present :p

Back
Top Bottom