How do you get good pictures with a digital camera?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jasno999

Aquarium Advice FINatic
How do you get good pictures with a digital camera?

I have a nice little digital camera. TI is a Konica that is 5MEGAPIXELS. It takes a lot of great photos and can take really nice macro photos. However it has a flash that is overly strong.

My questions is this. I see lots and lots of really nice photos on different boards but I have no idea how people get the pictures to come out so nice. Is it a function of the camera the person the settings the lighting???

Every time I take pictures I get the flash causing reflections off the glass or off the back of the tank and it messes the picture all up. IF I turen the flash off it does not seem to work well cause it is not bright enough or I still get funny reflections off the front of the glass.

How do you guys and girls do it?

In my personal experience with my digital camera, this is what I have done.

Turn all the lights in the house off except for your tank light. Don't stand too close to your tank and I would use either the action or automatic mode to take the shot. 4 out of 5 times I have done this, it has produced some awesome pictures.

I'm sure others have some more technical ways to accomplish this too, but this is the easiest for me. Good luck. :D

i joined reefrunners shutterbug forum and get help there :wink:

Back
Top Bottom