Hows the tank look?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jkdubs2

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I this is my 40g tank that I set up. Everything but the light was DIY. I built the stand and filtration system and the background and decor (minus driftwood. Bought three pieces. Grew some of the plants and bought some) it has very few fish at the moment. I'll prolly keep it that way maybe add a small school of something idk. Have DIY co2 I have set up for it.

The stock list:
5 gold barbs
1 halfmoon betta (does fine with barbs and everyone)
2 peppered Cory cats (going to up the school to 5 or 6)
1 hammers cobalt blue lobster (crayfish does fine I keep him well fed and make sure the food I provide is easier to catch and eat than the fish)
6-10 Of something I'll add a small school . Idk what yet.
Lighting is t5s tho I'm getting another plant bulb for it.
Filter is a overflow tube with trickle tower which gets pumped back up.

Tell me what you think!

The only thing I'd do is maybe put a tall plant in front of those PVC pipes. But once that water sprite grows (is that what it is?) It should cover it.
Other than that I wouldn't change a thing! Pat yourself on the back, and reward yourself with a cold beer :)

Ya that is the plan at least. All the plants should get fairly tall so I'll be trimming them to the heights I want and I'm hoping the moss will spread over the one pipe idk tho.

jkdubs2 said:
Ya that is the plan at least. All the plants should get fairly tall so I'll be trimming them to the heights I want and I'm hoping the moss will spread over the one pipe idk tho.

Sounds beautiful!

Samzter said:
I really like it! Like the stock list too!

Thanks! Not sure what I'm going to do for the small school of fish. My gf like neon tetras but idk never had them before. I like harlequin rasboras alot too. Just something that won't bother the betta or plants too much.

jkdubs2 said:
Thanks! Not sure what I'm going to do for the small school of fish. My gf like neon tetras but idk never had them before. I like harlequin rasboras alot too. Just something that won't bother the betta or plants too much.

The cardinal neon tetras have a little more color to them and they won't bother the beta. I currently have a school of 9 in my tank with a beta they all get along great.

That looks AMAZING! Just watch out with that crayfish, if it's an aggressive one it will eat anything you pop in there. :p

Chiroptera said:
That looks AMAZING! Just watch out with that crayfish, if it's an aggressive one it will eat anything you pop in there. :p

Thanks! I'm keeping an eye out!

Back
Top Bottom