Introduction

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Scott28

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hi all,

Just wanted to offer my assistance with any DSLR or Photoshop questions. I am a part time photographer and seeings, I'm receiving a lot of help on this forum with the fish/aquarium side of things, thought it was only right to offer help on something I know about.

PS, really enjoying the whole forum!

Ok since your offering ;) what would be my best option for my money (not trying to break the bank lol) for reef photography under actinics.

Mrc8858 said:
Ok since your offering ;) what would be my best option for my money (not trying to break the bank lol) for reef photography under actinics.

No worries! Firstly I'll make the assumption were talking tank and not underwater. It really depends if you want it solely for this purpose. Any modern day DSLR will be fine. The key thing for shooting in this lighting is having the ability to change settings and also take in RAW format. This allows you to really control the whole image on editing. Any entry level Nikon or Canon DSLR. I'm sure alot of budget compacts can return okay images.. However I personally want to capture exactly what my eyes see.

Ya I want something that is just amazing quality and true colors with good close-up shots of polyps. I would also want this to be able to capture good fish shots so higher the shutter speed the better. That's pretty much all I take pictures of too lol.

I'm a fan of Nikon, have 3 Nikons currently, though I'm going to trade one in. I'd personally recommend the Nikon D3100 or 3200 (minimal difference)

Forgot to mention lenses.. Its important to buy a good lens, I'd recommend a short focal distance macro lens

My mom is actually a photographer but still shoots with film. Her and my grandmother use to own their own studio for a while until the digital era took over haha.

I'm a photographer an if anyone is editing raw images use Lightroom by adobe ?

Scott28 said:
Or photoshop itself ;-) what photography do you do?

Light room is better for working with all the levels. I shoot everything, wedding, candid, live, skate and landscape :)

Back
Top Bottom