It's getting so huge!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Salt4Us

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Our toadstool leather is huge today, it goes through all sorts of shapes but today it really spread itself out and I have to take a pic of it, no wonder our clowns love it. Thought I'd share.

I think its time to give it a Fraggin and start a bunch of babies.. However it would be sad to loose a piece like that..

James

LOL I could probably fill the tank, but there is no way those clowns will let me anywhere near that leather! I wouldn't have the heart to do it anyways, I'm hoping it will split on me some day. :)

OOoooh. You're talking about a toadstool.

*slaps self for taking the topic the wrong way*

Heh, seriously tho, its beautiful!

FWIW It wont split.. It will if anything grow a bud from the base and be a new leather.. then you can cut the baby off.. Thats the only way of them propagating on their own that I know of..

James

FWIW It wont split.. It will if anything grow a bud from the base and be a new leather.. then you can cut the baby off.. Thats the only way of them propagating on their own that I know of..

Nope, they'll split ;)

Awesome photo as usual ;)

i'm normally in the freshie forums, so pardon my ignorance.... how big was that thing when you bought it? and how long did it take to get to that size? how big are the clown fish, to put the 'Thing' in perspective?

when i graduate in spring and go get a "real" job, i'm thinking its time to start a salt tank....

LOL on the "huge" remark ;) Ok, to give you some kind of perspective of how much it's grown here's a pic of when we first got it, it was in a 29 gallon tank, it got so big that when we did the water changes it would be close to bringing it out of the water, time for a new tank, now we have a 60 gallon, moving it was a joke, it was attached to two rocks.

We've had it for a little over a year now, it has gone through multiple spots in the 29 gallon tank, it has fallen all sorts of things and has bounced back every single time. It's become one of the centerpieces for our tank. I'd say the bigger clown is a little over 2" not including tail and the little one about 1 1/2 not including tail.

Here's a pic of how it looked in Jan of 2003.

Back
Top Bottom