Jack Dempsey and Turtle

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Flipmikeskater3

Aquarium Advice Freak
Just a couple pic of my tank with 2 JDs, 4 convict cichlids and a red ear slider turtle. More pics to come soon

Smcoyle87 said:
Nice pic of turtle feeding. That's awesome!

Thanks. The JDs actually jump out of the water and grab the food out of my fingers too but it's hard to get pics of

DragonFish71 said:
I never would have thought about turtles with JDs. You must have a great time watching the interactions.

Yeah they get along great the turtle had been with different types of fish since I got her, about 7 years ago. Been with the JDs for almost a year now

Couple more pics of my new rock set up. Also shows my turtles basking area, I actually cut the bottom out of a 29 gallon and put it on top the tank, there for i can keep the tank completely full, and no more lime scale build up on the tank from not being filled all the way!
Oh and when I hit the gong on top they know it's meal time!

Flipmikeskater3 said:
Couple more pics of my new rock set up. Also shows my turtles basking area, I actually cut the bottom out of a 29 gallon and put it on top the tank, there for i can keep the tank completely full, and no more lime scale build up on the tank from not being filled all the way!
Oh and when I hit the gong on top they know it's meal time!

That is such a great idea! I NEVER would have thought of that. Ever.

If you make a video of you banging that gong and the fish jumping out of the water for food, i might cry lol!

Great tank

Gboy66 said:
That is such a great idea! I NEVER would have thought of that. Ever.

If you make a video of you banging that gong and the fish jumping out of the water for food, i might cry lol!

Great tank

Yeah I the upper tank works great, and u havnt seen anything like it though I need to get a big piece of drift wood instead of the dock bc it's alittle small.
And yeah that's a good idea to make a video, I'll have to do that sometime.

Back
Top Bottom