June FW photo contest

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zagz

Aquarium Advice Addict
Sumit your photos for the June FW photo contest. Please do not post comments in this thread, the thread is for the pictures only. For full contest info click here .

Zebra Oto

Young Zebra Oto from my 125. Oh, and my avatar :)

IMG_1997.JPG

Common Name: Zebra Oto
Scientific Name: Otocinclus cocama
Family: Loricariidae. Subfamily: Hypoptopomatinae
Origin: Peru
Diet: It's omnivorous, Initially algae, add a shoal to an ''algaefied'' tank and then supplement diet with sinking tablets and the usual cucumbers / lettuce or courgette (zucchini).

Info Credits: Seriously Fish, Planet Catfish

Camera: Canon S5 IS

75Gal20080605Shrimp.jpg

Red Cherry Shrimp (Neocaridina heteropoda sp. red)
and
Malaysian_Trumpet_Snails (Melanoides tuberculatus)
on Zucchini (Cucurbita pepo)

Both Cherry Shrimp and MTS are prolific breeders in the planted aquarium. Good water quality is necessary to bring out the colors of the Red Cherry. MTS prefer a sand or soil substrate to gravel, and are beneficial to maintaining such substrates. Small invertabrates are not good matches with most fish, as the fish will harrass the adults and eat the young. This is specifically a shrimp tank. Otherwise both species are very easy to care for.

Last edited:
One of two juvy Peppered Cories from my 30 long.
picture.php

Common Name: Peppered Cory
Scientific Name: Corydoras paleatus
Family: Callichthyidae
Sub-family: Corydoradinae
Origin: Uruguay and Brazil
Diet: Takes flakes and pellets in captivity, especially those that are earmarked for Cories. Shrimp pellets are also greedily attacked. They will take Tubifex and bloodworms.

General: Bottom dwellers that scavenge the bottom of tanks. They do better in schools of the same kind. Very undemanding fish for the community tank.

Plant: Java moss

Info Credits: Peppered Cory Profile, Planet Catfish

Camera: FujiFilm FinePix E510 - Shot at 3MP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom