Kribensis babies!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

IchthyChris

Aquarium Advice Regular
Mom is normal and Papa is albino. I can't tell for sure, but I think all of them turned out white but without the albino red eyes. I'm sure there's a name for that...

Momma in hover mode

image-3641798683.jpg

Papa... and a blur of Momma as she darts off to feed.

image-3261298343.jpg

parents are just out of the picture defending. They take turns between eating and hovering over the little ones. It's hard to get them both in the shot. Water has a lot of tannins in it so it's a lil dark.

image-1943668745.jpg

Attachments

• image-2653966183.jpg
    image-2653966183.jpg
    257.2 KB · Views: 174
Cool fry!! Was it hard to breed if you meant to breed them?

Congrats on the fry.

Kribs are the easiest thing to breed in the world. You don't need to do anything special for them at all. I even kept my krib fry in my community tank and they did great!

+1 to LyndaB
My kribs had a new brood so often I had to separate the male and female! I didn't have room for all the new fry! Breeding kribs is alot of fun at first but I'm telling ya, eventually you will need a million tanks for all the fish! haha

Actually breeding my kribs were a bit difficult (my kribs were really picky), but they are great to watch after it happens.

Also it is amazing watching your fries grow into adults!

Thanks to a dysfunctional heater in the nursery tank, none of them made it past week 3. :(

After a water change, the parents are defending the cave again. I'm sure I'll have more in no time.

Unless you want new fry once per month, I would just leave the fry in the main tank with the parents. After about the 3rd spawn, they really catch on and do a good job, plus it gives you at least an additional month between spawns. What are you going to do if every fry from here on in survives?

LyndaB said:
Unless you want new fry once per month, I would just leave the fry in the main tank with the parents. After about the 3rd spawn, they really catch on and do a good job, plus it gives you at least an additional month between spawns. What are you going to do if every fry from here on in survives?

Keep the most colorful ones and feed the rest to my moray eels. :)

...or donate them to the LFS. :)

That should be an adventure. They don't really color up until 5-6 months or so. Have fun!

Back
Top Bottom