LED night shot and ram

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jrp1588

Aquarium Advice Addict
After some fiddling, I finally figured out how to get a good night shot of my tank with the LED's on. Just had to slow down the shutter speed...seems like a duh moment now.

night017.jpg

By the way, it's not actually that bright, I just turned the shutter speed to 15 seconds and let her loose, it's about half that bright though.

I also got a good shot of one of my rams.

night012.jpg

Wow. You have a really beautiful set up, and you're clearly as good with a camera as you are with a tank.

That's true I suppose. You think either is photo competition worthy? I thought I had a good shot for the september contest, but then I saw some of the others thay were worlds better. haha

looks good.you have 6 leds on there? Are they 3/4 watt each?

I think it's 8 actually, one of them is blocked by some floating riccia, the the one on the far right doesn't show up as well as the others for some reason. As far as the wattage goes....well you've got me. I have no clue. haha

the females generally have a pink spot on their bellies. The males also tend to have longer spikes on the front of their dorsal fins. The males also usually have a pure black spot whereas the female's usually have some blue speckling in it

the females generally have a pink spot on their bellies. The males also tend to have longer spikes on the front of their dorsal fins. The males also usually have a pure black spot whereas the female's usually have some blue speckling in it

Ok thanks, just seeing if one of my rams is a male and the other is a female and I think that might be the case.

Ok thanks, just seeing if one of my rams is a male and the other is a female and I think that might be the case.

You do have a male and a female. I'll show you some pics of the ones I am getting on Wednesday. They are half wild blood. Hopefully they will already have quite a bit of color. It may be Saturday at the latest before I post pics.

Back
Top Bottom