Leopold

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

manmythlegend

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Finally got some good shots of it! Mom named it Leopold for some reason.

Attachments

• photo-2.JPG
    photo-2.JPG
    158.4 KB · Views: 119
  • photo-4.jpg
    photo-4.jpg
    255 KB · Views: 114
It's a "sailfin" is all I know. I want to say it was labeled as a "leopard Pleco" when I got it.

I suggest you google rhino pleco and see if you think thats what he is. I may be wrong, but I don't think he is a leopard sailfin like they told you. He has the characteristic orangey stripes of a rhino pleco.
Either way, he is pretty.

that is the coolest pleco i've ever seen,how long have you had him/her?

Ok...I've checked rhinos and it doesn't look like that. He has a star shape around its eyes that I've seen on images of leopard Plecos but the rhinos don't have them. I've had it around 3 years or so. It was 2-3 inches when I got him and he's 8ish now.

I suggest you google rhino pleco and see if you think thats what he is. I may be wrong, but I don't think he is a leopard sailfin like they told you. He has the characteristic orangey stripes of a rhino pleco.
Okay, I've scoured Google images for both rhino and leopard (duh! Leopold...leopard! That's where Mom got the freaking name! I'm such a dunce!) plecos and it is definitely NOT a rhino. Different looking head, different coloration and markings, the star around the eye, etc.. Maybe the stripes in the first picture are throwing you off but trust me, most of the time it looks like the second picture or darker.
It's recently been evicted from it's spot on the driftwood. That's how I've been able to get these images. It isn't happy about it, thus the stress colorations and blanching out. It's usually more reticulated and darker in color with barely noticeable striping.

It doesn't even have it's dorsal fin up. That's my next mission, capture it erect.

absolutangel04 said:

I have a chocolate rhino pleco and he is definitely different. Love patterns on his back.

Back
Top Bottom