Let's see the single species tanks!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FishontheRock

Aquarium Advice Freak
Since joining this forum I have noticed that so many people are keeping community tanks. I personally love tanks that are set up specifically for one or two species. Currently, I have a tank set up for endler's livebearers and cherry red shrimp. I find it easier to create the right habitat and feed the right foods when I'm not dealing with many different species from all over the world in the same tank.

So here is the task:
Post pictures and descriptions of your single species tanks! Show that beauty is not necessarily tied to variety.

Attachments

• IMG_0508.jpg
    IMG_0508.jpg
    259.5 KB · Views: 329
  • IMG_0548.jpg
    IMG_0548.jpg
    259 KB · Views: 348
I love the aquascape Predfan27. (ps is your name in reference to preditory fish? In which case a rcs tank is kinda funny as I can't imagine much less preditory)

FishontheRock said:
I love the aquascape Predfan27. (ps is your name in reference to preditory fish? In which case a rcs tank is kinda funny as I can't imagine much less preditory)

Haha yes it is in reference to predatory fish :) I am a huge Polypterus fan. But my tanks now-a-days are all community tanks!

Also, thank you for the compliment! Your tank looks great too! I love that Black Bar Endler in that first pic.

Haha yes it is in reference to predatory fish :) I am a huge Polypterus fan. But my tanks now-a-days are all community tanks!

Also, thank you for the compliment! Your tank looks great too! I love that Black Bar Endler in that first pic.

Thanks...that was the first day for the fish in that tank. The shrimp had ruled the roust for 6 weeks and weren't sure what this thing interrupting their snack was. I'm breaking up the algae pellets now so the shrimp actually get some!

not only is it single species but single fishy... spoiled rotten

not sure why it didn't resize it.....

I will repost. Just have to get to a computer again because my phone won't attach

My 125 Angelfish tank.

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20120731_221628.jpg
    ForumRunner_20120731_221628.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 256
Dozen. Might get just couple more. I love the schooling effect they do.

Primarily swords, Crypts, Stargrass. My swords keep sending daughter plants which gives me more.

image-3133247012.jpg

33g angel fish breeding pair.
Two tall ornamental rocks and anubius on drift wood.

I've had them for about twelve months so there probably about 18 months old they were only about 5cm when I got them

Back
Top Bottom