May 2011 Freshwater Photo of the Month Contest Submissions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

neilanh

Sliced Bread
Please submit your pictures for the May POTM contest.

Please refrain from discussing the photos in this thread. Only information about the particular photo will be allowed. Start a new thread if you wish to discuss a particular photo.

The Rules:
  • All photos must be original photos taken by you or photos of your tank. (please do not submit photos of another persons tank unless you have written permission from them to do so. If you do please include this written permission with your submittal)
  • All photos must be submitted in .jpg format and should be limited in size to 800 x 600 or 600 x 800 depending on layout and a file size no larger than 250KB.
  • All submissions should include the common name and scientific name of the subject contained within the frame.
  • All submissions should also include helpful information relating to the background of the subject, care requirements, etc.
  • Only 1 photo submission per month per member.
  • No photo editing other than resizing is permitted.

Submissions for the May POTM will be taken until 8pm EST on May 25th.

Syndontis multipunctatus....Cuckoo Catfish. This shot was taken using three Nikon SB-900 flash units in a special photo tank I set up. Two units on top...one on the bottom. It was shot with a Nikon D3, Nikkor 105mm VR lens. ISO 100, F32 @ 1/250th.

In order to get the fish up and about I put a long piece of aquarium tubing in the tank under the driftwood the fish resided. When it was time to take the photo I gave the tubing a "puff" scaring the fish into the light. The rest is timing.

_AQA4679-frac-v2.jpg

My sterbai and juli cories posing for the camera :)

Attachments

• 046crop.jpg
    046crop.jpg
    203.7 KB · Views: 138
38224-albums1670-picture11220.jpg

Well, I don't know if it has to be an aquarium shot - if yes - disregard and just enjoy the photo. This is a picture of the head spring at the Rainbow River in Florida. The fish were gorgeous there. :)

so plz ignore pic quality it was from my phone (dont have a camera). here is Poseidon my male betta ,betta splendens,these are great community fish despite popular sayings, as long as they are not with fish that look similar like guppys.
5698180996_87a7bcd9cb.jpg

The first fish I bought here in the USA. She is still with me (as are the other four Cories) having been moved from tank to tank and during those moves 1000 miles in a bucket when we moved from MA to IL.

Love these guys, excellent cleanup crew, interesting to watch and fairly trusting when "the hand" enters the tank. Some type of Cory cat, I think Peppered Corydoras.

Attachments

• corycat.jpg
    corycat.jpg
    144.4 KB · Views: 152
My electric blue jack dempsey (Cichlasoma octofasciatum) hanging out in his cheesy barrel decoration and being creeped on by a veiltail angel juvie :)

Attachments

• ohnoe2.jpg
    ohnoe2.jpg
    124.2 KB · Views: 150
Whiteface/Red Melon Discus in Amazon Biotope. housed with Wild blue discus, Cardinal tetras, cory cats.

:fish2:

Attachments

• 051.jpg
    051.jpg
    209.8 KB · Views: 119
Last edited by a moderator:
My first tank

5 weeks of cycling and the fish are finally here!!!!

Attachments

• DSC00888.jpg
    DSC00888.jpg
    253.2 KB · Views: 110
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom