My 12gal fluval edge aquascaped

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Just picked up 5 (Yunnanilus cruciatus) Laos pygmy multi striped loaches they are so adorable! =)
i've heard from my seller that these are somewhat a rare kind of loach species. anyone else have any experience with them?
they were added into the 12gal with my betta.
they remind me of pygmy cories but skinnier =p ehe. can't wait to share the pics with you all after they settle in ^_^

attachment

attachment

attachment

the loaches are going to take a while before I can capture a shot of them.. they are super shy unlike my betta which loves the attention ;)

!!!pic update!!!

im unsure if the pictures came out in my previous post. but here are update pictures i uploaded off of flickr, hopefully they show up.

all water perimeters are perfect ammo and nitrite 0 with nitrates at 10 ppm and just did my 30pwc this morning.

note: towards the end, the picture quality gets better since i started playing with Manual setting BUT i just couldn't catch any fish in the picture for some reason (fyi i didn't really know exactly what i was doing -.-)

-------------------------------
plants growth. 1 of the plants in the front far left didn't make it.

betta =)

betta + horned netrite

horned netrite snail =)

multi striped pygmy loaches (nearly impossible to capture)

loaches jolting

gotcha! ....sort of. lol

!!!pic update!!! continued...

shoaling

netrite + loach

BEST PIC but no fish!!!! :facepalm:

hope you all enjoyed them!!! :fish2:

samsung galaxy s2 for the win!!! what are the pygmy loaches like? how big do they get? i have never heard of them

samsung galaxy s2 for the win!!! what are the pygmy loaches like? how big do they get? i have never heard of them

the pygmy loaches are grow no larger than 1". they are also known as laos multi striped pygmy loach,Vietnamese Multi Banded zebra loach, as well as Hovering Zebra Loach.

they are i believe a pretty new species of loaches. they are dwarf so they will stay small in their adult years.

my loaches has a slightly tan sandy color with either black ordark brown vertical stripes along the body depending on the individual loach. i have couple that are slightl deeper in overall colors.

they are super entertaining. i always find them playing together swimming through the bubbles of the filter waterflow or just pacing up and down the walls in couplets like synchronizing swimmers. they swim around all levels so its really fun to watch them hover all around the tank. i have 5 of them right now and luckily they are often shoaling/playing together.

they will scavenge for food through the substrate from time to time but mainly during feeding time but hey are so small it doesnt really disrupt the surface too much. interesting enough, they took care of a lot of my diatoms or some kind of algae that was really unappealing to the eye as well as cleaning all the dirts off the plants and at one point of time before i got the loaches my pre filter sponge was dirty of diatoms and stuff and they ate all those up clean~ :lol: they are overall great!! love them! definitely know how to work hard, play hard. :D

miylee said:
the pygmy loaches are grow no larger than 1". they are also known as laos multi striped pygmy loach,Vietnamese Multi Banded zebra loach, as well as Hovering Zebra Loach.

they are i believe a pretty new species of loaches. they are dwarf so they will stay small in their adult years.

my loaches has a slightly tan sandy color with either black ordark brown vertical stripes along the body depending on the individual loach. i have couple that are slightl deeper in overall colors.

they are super entertaining. i always find them playing together swimming through the bubbles of the filter waterflow or just pacing up and down the walls in couplets like synchronizing swimmers. they swim around all levels so its really fun to watch them hover all around the tank. i have 5 of them right now and luckily they are often shoaling/playing together.

they will scavenge for food through the substrate from time to time but mainly during feeding time but hey are so small it doesnt really disrupt the surface too much. interesting enough, they took care of a lot of my diatoms or some kind of algae that was really unappealing to the eye as well as cleaning all the dirts off the plants and at one point of time before i got the loaches my pre filter sponge was dirty of diatoms and stuff and they ate all those up clean~ :lol: they are overall great!! love them! definitely know how to work hard, play hard. :D

Hmmm. I'm gonna have to look into these for my next tank. They sound really cool and entertaining :)

thanks,

& the last pic is the trail of the snail. i was so amazed when i saw what he left behind hhaha

Hi Miylee,

How's the betta doing?

A lot of people seem to think bettas will have a hard time in a Fluval Edge because of the small opening. Mine had no trouble whatsoever finding it to take a breath. I wanted to see how yours is fairing.

=(....sadly he wasn't doing to well and passed, i checked all water perimeters and everything was perfect.. he was being really picky with his food so i dont know if it had something to do with eating? maybe he was ill when I bought him? errr....

now the fluval has 5 pygmy loaches and 3 celestials pearl danios and an amano shrimp. planning on adding 2 more celestials and adding something that would enjoy eating this fluff on the substrate... looks like dead leafs from the plants?

Back
Top Bottom