My 60 gallon and its residents

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The 2nd pic has a Green Terror and an Angelicus Loach.
The 3rd pic has a Red Gold Severum, a Blood Parrot and a Geo Brasiliensis.

Convict2161 said:
Is there a Texas red tail in the mix?

I don't know what a Texas red tail is but I'm sure I don't have one.
The little red fish you see might be the redwag platy :D

Gboy66 said:
Well you might want to remove the platy soon...

I'm starting my 10 gal next week. I'll move him and get some buddies for him. I didn't want to move him at first since nobody is messing with him. But I guess it was a good reason to start a new tank :D.

Looks nice! :)

If you were moving the platy in the ten gallon and getting him a buddy, only add one more platy. IMO they are very prolific breeders and I would get one that is the same sex as your other. They're also very messy fish, so make sure you have good filtration and a water change schedule.

bruinsbro1997 said:
Looks nice! :)

If you were moving the platy in the ten gallon and getting him a buddy, only add one more platy. IMO they are very prolific breeders and I would get one that is the same sex as your other. They're also very messy fish, so make sure you have good filtration and a water change schedule.

Thanks! Yes I will get him some friends. I'm planning to go 4 platies, 6 dwarf cories (haven't decided yet depending the availability at my LFS) and some ember tetras. It will be an AC30 for my filter, would that be enough or should I add a 2nd filter?

IMO four platies is over the limit. I would only recommend two. These are active fish that poop a lot, two would be minimum for a pair. If you were doing four (which I don't suggest) I would say a AC 50.

But the dwarf cories will be fine, depending on what species you're talking about :)

Back
Top Bottom