My 75 Gal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gsxrated98

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
So, I picked up a 75gal and full setup for dirt cheap a few weeks ago. I've done a few modifications, and changed a few things, but finally everything is working good. I've started the cycle, and hopefully in a few weeks, I can start adding fish.

Attachments

• Tank.jpg
    Tank.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 152
Can't lie, that's a BEAUTY of a tank!
When it's all tested and fully cycled, what are you gonna stock it with? I'd jump straight to cichlids, big ones, but that's just me ;) x

Thanks. I'm actually not going to be putting large fish in the tank, I'm going larger school, smaller fish. I'm going to be putting in approximately 18 barb fish of different kinds. And about 8-10 Cory catfish.

I like the barbs because they swim around a lot, and are very active.
The larger fish seam to be very chill and relaxed. I like the activity of the smaller, more active fish.

Well, as you can see in the picture, the tank is setup. 1/3 of the tank is pool filter sand, and 2/3 of the tank is gravel. I have put in some plants, and decos, getting things ready for some fishes.
I moved one pieces of driftwood with a plant attached from a established tank, and put it in, I've also moved my filter from the same tank, and put it directly under one of the feeder hoses in the filter.

Saturday night I added some ammonia to the tank. I tested it, and I was between 4 and 8ppm. A little high, but that shouldn't hurt anything.
I ran some water tests last night, and to my joyful surprise, my ammonia was at about .25. Nitrites were very high, between 2 and 5ppm, and my Nitrates were between 40 and 80ppm. I know the last two are pretty high, but I'll let the plants and bacteria work them down as I greatly lower how much ammonia I reintroduce to the system. Hopefully by this weekend I'll be able to introduce some fish to the tank, but may wait a bit longer, and let everything get better established.

Back
Top Bottom