My African Cichlid Pics From Today that IMO Didn't Turn Out So Bad. :)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Mumma.of.two said:
Beautiful fish! But I miss the plastic plants lol[/QUOTE

I miss it too but its not their natural habitat and I really got sick and tired of putting those plants back in there spots. But this one has grown on me. :)

Cool tank. ( wish mine was that impressive lol) how many gallons is it?

Origamgam said:
Cool tank. ( wish mine was that impressive lol) how many gallons is it?

Thanks and welcome to AA
It is a 180 gallon tank with I can't even tell you how many fish Haha cause I can't catch them when they breed. But I started with 26 I think I have 2 catfish, stinkpot musk turtle, 3 peacocks, 5 haps and the rest are mbuna. It has a home made 3d background, and basking spot that I made. :) it run 5 sets of lights, a rena xp3, 2 power heads, an overflow that runs down threw a trickle filter into a fbf into a 29 gallon planted tank then threw a rena xp2 and then pumped out threw a uv light and into the tank. All put together and most home made. It pushes around 2000 gph and my water stays crystal clear with no water problems yet. So with the filters and all it all holds together somewhere around 230 gallons

Really beautiful fish and shots! Well done! And I'm jealous of the tank size. Afraid of structural infidelity in my floor or I'd have one that size!! ;)

Lonestarbandit said:
Really beautiful fish and shots! Well done! And I'm jealous of the tank size. Afraid of structural infidelity in my floor or I'd have one that size!! ;)

Thank you
We built our own home and I had been storing the tank for a couple years for this reason. Now if I can just talk my wife into 300-180 gallon tank for reef I would be satisfied. If you notice I said 300 first hahahaha in my dreams :) I know

Sadly I lease an old farmhouse in the country. Old pier and beam. Mostly because it comes with 56 acres. The house itself is 1930s garbage with some updates lol. But have 2 x 55s, 46, 29, 25, 10 and 2.5 (2.5 was given to me with a Betta owner didn't want so I accepted lol) had to spread out the weight for fear of having no floor AND no tanks. Probably buy a home in next few years and THEN support for large tanks will be a requirement lol.

Sadly I lease an old farmhouse in the country. Old pier and beam. Mostly because it comes with 56 acres. The house itself is 1930s garbage with some updates lol. But have 2 x 55s, 46, 29, 25, 10 and 2.5 (2.5 was given to me with a Betta owner didn't want so I accepted lol) had to spread out the weight for fear of having no floor AND no tanks. Probably buy a home in next few years and THEN support for large tanks will be a requirement lol.

Like(y)

Nice tank and fish! I really like your rock formations. I tried to do something like it in my tanks but I have large cichlids and they destroyed it kept knocking it down and over so I finally gave up. Unfortunately with tiger oscars they pretty much destroy everything in the tank lol!

Tigroscr said:
Nice tank and fish! I really like your rock formations. I tried to do something like it in my tanks but I have large cichlids and they destroyed it kept knocking it down and over so I finally gave up. Unfortunately with tiger oscars they pretty much destroy everything in the tank lol!

THANKS They are home made so they can't knock them down.

Man you really shouldn't have all those together!! What are you thinking?!?! lol, you know my feelings and I do the same.

Now back on track. Beautiful fish for one!! Amazing shots and yes... Dino aka convict aka the con is very very jelly over your tank.

Btw... I meant to spell jelly. Your tank is KILLER MAN!! Just KILLER!!

Back
Top Bottom