My DIY Blue LED Moon Light Photos

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pvh

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I just made a blue LED moon light. I just love the way the tank looks. So calm and peaceful with the moon light on.

Enjoy
smile.gif

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    111.4 KB · Views: 331
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    108 KB · Views: 222
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 184
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 172
few more

Attachments

• 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    111.1 KB · Views: 170
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 170
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 155
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 137
Awesome!

Do you ahve some photos of how you encased them? I'm trying to figure out a good way to do that on my tank right now. Have the LEDs, Resistors, power supplies, etc, but I don't want to drill into my lighting fixture so I'm looking for an alternate method to support the LEDs.

Awesome!

Do you ahve some photos of how you encased them? I'm trying to figure out a good way to do that on my tank right now. Have the LEDs, Resistors, power supplies, etc, but I don't want to drill into my lighting fixture so I'm looking for an alternate method to support the LEDs.

I will post some photos later. I haven't finish hanging it on yet.

I used a 1" diameter PVC pipe and sliced it in half, lengthwise. Then I drilled holes to stick the LEDs in. After all the wiring are done I close and tape it up with the other half of the pipe. To hang it up I will be using two end caps screw into the side of my canopy so that it doesn't block the light when the MH is on.

Looking forward to seeing how you have done this, I'm in the process of designing a new hood for my tank, and would love to incorporate the blue LED's, rather than another tube.

Thanks

Steve

Don't know if this helps any, but, Petco sells a kit with an AC adapter which hangs on the back or side of tank and comes with two LEDs (Blue & Green) which are completely submersible. You can run the wires inside the tank and use suction cups to mount LEDs on glass, or partially bury in sand, or place behind rock, etc. They are sort of spot light LEDs. Below is two I have in my 29gal and they shine a reasonable distance. Think kit is around $19.95.
Personally, I think they're kind of groovy! (Did I just say groovy? Must be showing my age!)

I think are good for both freshwater and saltwater, but am not positive.
Hope helped, somewhat.

Bob R

img_871384_0_9616e0fbc6986c3f7b9c11a8c138b957.jpg

Thanks Bob. That's exactly the reason why I built my own LED light. They are a bit expensive. My light cost me about $20 for materials (I have a power supply lying around).

Back
Top Bottom