My ever changing 125g and 55g's debut

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Your Discus tank is amazing! Love the substrate in your new 10 gal. What are you stocking plans for that one?

I totally need some star grass!

Coleallensmom said:
Your Discus tank is amazing! Love the substrate in your new 10 gal. What are you stocking plans for that one?

I totally need some star grass!

Thank you both :)

@alisha: I'm thinking of stocking it with 10 neon tetras. Maybe a few Shrimps and/or snails. I can definitely give you some trimmings of star grass. Just pay for shipping? When I get my plant order from jetajockey, I'll trim the stargrass.

Edit: the substrate in the 10g is floramax. It was a pain rinsing it. Good thing it came with a magnet something that made the water super clear. Let me know if you want some star grass.

Last edited:
That actually might be just what I need for my 50 gal (take a look at my thread and see what you think?)

Good to know about that Floramax. I used some Flourite in my 37 gal and wasn't pleased with how messy it was even after rinsing it, so with my 50 gal I decided I was using either floramax or eco-complete and in the end chose the eco-complete. Glad I did...it's very easy to use! No rinsing or mess.

Update: I just did some trimming and gave my discus a salt bath. Tanks a little cloudy.

Attachments

• image-320365011.jpg
    image-320365011.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 251
  • image-676524795.jpg
    image-676524795.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 261
  • image-573835805.jpg
    image-573835805.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 249
roydooms said:
Update: I just did some trimming and gave my discus a salt bath. Tanks a little cloudy.

So this is where my trimmings are coming from?! Sweet! Lol. Amazing tank(s)!

roydooms said:
Pic update. The 125g needs some trimming. The 55g is doing ok. Except or the ozelot sword. No new leaf for 2 weeks now. And my new 10g that I just finished today :)

Is that the 10 gal on the far right? What is that, just driftwood with moss on it? Supercool man! I think plants are more difficult to do sometimes. Great job.

Lifeoffroad said:
Is that the 10 gal on the far right? What is that, just driftwood with moss on it? Supercool man! I think plants are more difficult to do sometimes. Great job.

Yes. Manzanita driftwood then I attached flame moss using cotton thread. Thank you.

Update on the 10g...

Attachments

• image-2737199736.jpg
    image-2737199736.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 165
Looks pretty darn nice. When you say salt bath what do you mean? Are you talking about for parasites? Dont really know much about FW stuff.

melosu58 said:
Looks pretty darn nice. When you say salt bath what do you mean? Are you talking about for parasites? Dont really know much about FW stuff.

Yes, for parasites. 20 minutes of salt bath in a bucket or QT with 5tbsp of salt per 5 gallons. Discus were producing excessive slime and eyes were getting cloudy. Thank you.

Back
Top Bottom