My first BTA!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chisel

Aquarium Advice Freak
I decided my clown is going to need a home so I came home with this cutie over Labor Day weekend. She is about 3" when fully open and seems to be happy. I took these with an older 2 MP Sony Mavica camera that uses mini cd's.

Attachments

• good bta blue1.jpg
    good bta blue1.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 89
  • bta all lights.jpg
    bta all lights.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 77
  • bta with flash.jpg
    bta with flash.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 73
  • Tank pics as of 7-20-08 006.jpg
    Tank pics as of 7-20-08 006.jpg
    107 KB · Views: 98
Very nice. Is the clown hosting with the anenome. It`s not a guarantee that they will. Mine ignored my BTA and hosted a bubble coral instead.

Nope. It has shown no interest as of yet. I know these things take time if they happen. Mator....yes I named him Mator, has made his home or "territory" in the upper left side of the tank where the heater is and has sort of a hut of sorts between the powerhead and the heater. He does come out once in a while during the day and goes all over the tank and comes out for feeding.

Very nice pics!

What kind of lighting do you have on your system and what kind of lighting did the BTA come from?

Very nice pics!

What kind of lighting do you have on your system and what kind of lighting did the BTA come from?

Thanks.

I have a Current USA SunDial 48" T5 HO 4x54W Timers & LED's
Bulbs: 2 SlimPaq 10,000k
2 460nm Actinic High Output's

I'm not sure what the store uses.

Duh..I guess I could have read that on your sig, unless you just did that....

The reason I ask is, the BTA looks a little bleached. Could just be the pic but...Keep an eye on it for the next several days. It will darken in color if it is happy. Also you will continue to see the "bubble/bulb" shape to the tentacles.

How old is your system? I don't see a skimmer listed in your equipment, it may be a good idea to get one especially since you have a trigger, the BTA will not be happy without excellent water conditions.

hahah...it's always been in the sig but its all good.

As for the bleached look. All of the bubble tips they had looked like this. They had long tentacle anemones that were a dark green but I didnt know anything about them and did no know how the fish would react to it. The BTA definitly looks greener in my light than it did at the store. It pretty much looks as it is in the pic....a lime or neon green. It has eaten and seems to have settled in one spot for now. I have only seen it deflated once but i think thats because it .....pooped.

Right now, I am skimmerless. See my posts in the Filtration Choice Poll. I havnt even looked at them yet.

As of last night, my water parameters where right on. I'm pretty good at keeping up with WC's

UPDATE**

We came home today around 3 in the afternoon and my wife stops before I can get in the door and points to the tank. We got home just as Mator decided to host the BTA!!! At first he was poking his face in and jumping back. Within 20 minutes, he was one with the BTA. Here are some pics. This made my day!

Attachments

• hosting 009.jpg
    hosting 009.jpg
    125.2 KB · Views: 70
  • hosting 010.jpg
    hosting 010.jpg
    101.8 KB · Views: 78
  • hosting 016.jpg
    hosting 016.jpg
    115.6 KB · Views: 77
  • hosting 018.jpg
    hosting 018.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 73
So far, so good. We even caught Mator feeding it. Unless he was taking food from the BTA? Do they do that?

Usually what they will do is grab food and run back to the anemone. Sometimes they will stash the food near the anemone and go get more. Mine are kind of sloppy when they eat so they end up feeding the anemone directly.

I've never seen my clowns actually take food from the anemone. I don't feed my anemone it gets food from light and what food floats into it when I feed the fish. You don't need to feed the anemone.

Back
Top Bottom