my first fish tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The substrate is jbl manado
And the new plant is pogostemon halferi
thanks nick

got a little problem with the tank
i went out and bought a twin t5 light fixture and managed to fit it into my hood
i thought hey ill run both new light with plant spectrum and i ran the two original lights in the tank aswell
so i had 2xt5's
and 2xt8's
i started to notice some cotton looking stuff growing on my java moss i thought it was just some cotton that had come out off the hang on the back filter
but no it is algae
im guessing it is because im running to much light for my tank
so i read a little on the internet made a diy co2 setup thought maybe this will make the plants out grow the algae but it is not
so now im only running the new t5's with co2, weekly fertz and daily will my algae die off slowly or is there something else i need to do?

thanks for any help nick

nabz said:
got a little problem with the tank
i went out and bought a twin t5 light fixture and managed to fit it into my hood
i thought hey ill run both new light with plant spectrum and i ran the two original lights in the tank aswell
so i had 2xt5's
and 2xt8's
i started to notice some cotton looking stuff growing on my java moss i thought it was just some cotton that had come out off the hang on the back filter
but no it is algae
im guessing it is because im running to much light for my tank
so i read a little on the internet made a diy co2 setup thought maybe this will make the plants out grow the algae but it is not
so now im only running the new t5's with co2, weekly fertz and daily will my algae die off slowly or is there something else i need to do?

thanks for any help nick

Strict light schedule 4 hours on 4 off

Back
Top Bottom