My first real plants

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Deckape

Aquarium Advice Addict
Courtesy of Eco23. Thanks buddy, you may have started something with me. I really appreciate your friendship, respect and advice. You can really see the difference from real and fake! Thanks again Eco

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20110713_183126.jpg
    ForumRunner_20110713_183126.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 210
  • ForumRunner_20110713_183139.jpg
    ForumRunner_20110713_183139.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 196
  • ForumRunner_20110713_183151.jpg
    ForumRunner_20110713_183151.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 213
Happy to send em to you :). I'm shocked they survived the heat, luckily they got there fast. The Water Sprite looks a bit wilted, but I'm sure it'll perk up. Maybe an excuse to tell the wife you need to run out and buy some upgraded lighting? ;-). I'll send more your way in a bit. All three of those plants (Vals, Rotala Rotofundia and Water Sprite) grow like weeds in my tank.

Actually, I think you're floating the wrong thing, lol. It looks like the Rotala you've got floating. I'd stick it down in the gravel at the back of your tank.

eco23 said:
Actually, I think you're floating the wrong thing, lol. It looks like the Rotala you've got floating.

Oops. Ill fix that..

It looks as if there is a non-aquatic plant in there. What is that variegated plant towards the middle, to the right of the driftwood?

fort384 said:
It looks as if there is a non-aquatic plant in there. What is that variegated plant towards the middle, to the right of the driftwood?

Not to answer for him...but I think the only real plants he has are the ones I sent. When I saw the thing in the middle I wondered too...must be a lively looking fake, lol.

fort384 said:

Fake silk buddy. The only real ones are to the left.

ahh ok, thanks Eric/Wayne. It is a very real looking (albeit terrestrial) plant. :)

Yea buddy. The fish are loving the plants. They are almost acting like dogs sniffing around looking for another dog. They must smell your fish on them. I will improve the lighting in the near future.

Looking good. It's really satisfying when they start to thrive too & it adds something else to tinker with ;)

tiguardo said:
Looking good. It's really satisfying when they start to thrive too & it adds something else to tinker with ;)

You're right but I am sure my lighting wont support them long. I will upgrade lighting one day.

Lookin' good! Eric, did you pass along vals that I sent to you? I can't remember for sure.

BTW water sprite is a pretty rough shipper in general. It should recover quickly. :)

severum mama said:
Lookin' good! Eric, did you pass along vals that I sent to you? I can't remember for sure.

BTW water sprite is a pretty rough shipper in general. It should recover quickly. :)

Yep :). My Vals shoot runners like crazy. I had so many I sent them out to a couple buddies. Deckape (Wayne) still has the stock hood lighting...so I doubt they'll do much in there...but I figured he could give them a shot and just toss em if they start dying on him. Plus, I though it'd be a good excuse for him to tell the wife "The plants are dying honey, I've gotta run out and buy some upgraded lighting." haha :)

eco23 said:
Yep :). My Vals shoot runners like crazy. I had so many I sent them out to a couple buddies. Deckape (Wayne) still has the stock hood lighting...so I doubt they'll do much in there...but I figured he could give them a shot and just toss em if they start dying on him. Plus, I though it'd be a good excuse for him to tell the wife "The plants are dying honey, I've gotta run out and buy some upgraded lighting." haha :)

She loves the real plants. So it may be my anniversary present to get new lights. I am dropping hints.

Plants from Eric, Swordtails from Severum. I have an All Star aquarium!

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20110714_183440.jpg
    ForumRunner_20110714_183440.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 121
Last F/A-18 from USS Enterprise. Planes are home safe. I know its off topic. That was the squadron Skipper. This is for Eric.

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20110714_184453.jpg
    ForumRunner_20110714_184453.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 151
Deckape said:
Last F/A-18 from USS Enterprise. Planes are home safe. I know its off topic. That was the squadron Skipper. This is for Eric.

That is awesome! I talked to Julie and we'll be down soon if the offer to tour the carrier is still there :) I just got your pic message. Thanks man...I love to see that stuff and appreciate what you guys do for the rest of us.

PS- post some new pics when you get a chance now that you've got the plants in the right place! :)

eco23 said:
That is awesome! I talked to Julie and we'll be down soon if the offer to tour the carrier is still there :) I just got your pic message. Thanks man...I love to see that stuff and appreciate what you guys do for the rest of us.

PS- post some new pics when you get a chance now that you've got the plants in the right place! :)

You got it. I took those pics from my back yard. What a wonderful sight. The offer stands.

Back
Top Bottom