My Freshwater tank (before and after)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bill_B

Aquarium Advice Regular
Here is my 40(ish) gallon freshwater tank, been up about 8 months now. Back if February it looked like this when one night i notice the tank is down about an inch of water in about 8 hours from a top off.

well its an older tank etc so i figured leaking seam, so tear it all down, clean it out, cut the silicone out and redo it. while I'm at it i figure that since my crayfish kept uprooting my plants i'd silicone them down. nice and clean and after letting it sit and air out, restarted it with the old filter etc.

back up and running and here is what I have

img_1120099_2_ed83d2fb5c0db360c31ffbb43948bf1a.jpg

then the kicker, it again starts to leak and after freaking out then looking around a bit closer noticed a steady drip from the one filter.... so new filter and no issues since.

overall a nice stable fishtank, stays clean, only things i've lost were my 2 snails, otherwise no fish death (aside from my one shark that i missed and didnt realize was hiding on the plants when i drained the tank.... still not sure how he got out there , but found him when i cleaned up....

well enjoy the couple of pics and please give me some feedback!!

edit:
couple of notes after looking at the pics closer
1: the first pic was actually the day of the leak before i found it out, i had just topped it off and snapped a shot after feeding them (the floaters)

2: the second pic was right after i had refilled the tank, nothing was in it yet atthat point...

Last edited:
i would move the thing in the center over a little so its not so dead center. what are you going to keep in there?

Back
Top Bottom