My Goldfish Portraits.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

My Fish Babies.

Aquarium Advice Activist
img_1884863_0_edec96cc84f9df158e96fa9d2ad47988.jpg

This is my Female Black Moor. Her name is "Smalls"

img_1884863_1_0d500d05d382daca330c9d97216f4d57.jpg

Here is my Large Black Moor amply named "Biggie"

img_1884863_2_35d4c61de6eb7ed6b7d20f04cf4dc9e0.jpg

This is "The gold fish" when he was originally adopted I was under the impression he was a Black Moor. He was With other Black Moors and he was Black. BUT......Within a six Month period he turned orange. Slow patches at first and within a year fully orange.

img_1884863_3_e23e78dc8fcde609e75614d4215d87cc.jpg

This was how he looked after about a month or so when he first came home. Slowly all the black faded away.

Well those are my Fish Babies....Hope you got a kick out of seeing them.

Thank you for the compliments. Actually the first shot was taken with my i phone. The rest were with my cannon eos 50D. Macro lens. I don't use a flash because I think it scares them too much. I just sit and wait and keep snapping eventually I get the shot I am looking for. None of them are cooperative subjects.

@jlk.....I actually wonder if he really is a black moor? His body has elongated no longer as egg shaped or rounded. Maybe a mix? I still love him any way.

Did he come from a chain store? I believe it has more to do with the breeding practices that produce these moors. They are poorly bred & mass-produced & likely do have some cross-breeding in their lines. No big deal though, he is still a an adorable little guy!! :)

yes jlk he was a pet smart fish. He was fat and round when I first got him now he's long and slender. I def suspect a bit of cross breeding. I actually kinda like how he grew up nice contrast to my moors.

Back
Top Bottom