My Jack Dempsey

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

joshbou56

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
My male Jack Dempsey. He's about 8 months old. Need to get live plants. I'm tired of the fake ones!

Attachments

• image-2865195094.jpg
    image-2865195094.jpg
    218 KB · Views: 200
He's stunning! But I'm just gonna say I wouldn't risk live plants usually a waste of money when it comes to JDs they will just destroy them.

Wow beautiful JD. I am trying to find a Male for my Female. Agree don't waste your time with like plants. JD's may up root.

I have to say cheryl your Jd doesnt look too happy and the water looks rather murky, when they turn pale like this its usually because of stress. How much and how often are you changing water?

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

It's pale as I changed the tank it's in before this picture and the tank I can never keep clear for some reason. I do water changes once a week and have the water tested and everything's good so we are unsure why it won't stay clear...

Probably goin to change filter system for this tank as it's full of cichlids and a pleco. It's a homemade tank so I originally thought it was just the glass is so thick it's not clear but with the regular changes (50-40%) it's clear right after on all sides so I'm lost! Any tips on cleaner water is appreciated!!

Probably goin to change filter system for this tank as it's full of cichlids and a pleco. It's a homemade tank so I originally thought it was just the glass is so thick it's not clear but with the regular changes (50-40%) it's clear right after on all sides so I'm lost! Any tips on cleaner water is appreciated!!
What are you running for a filter? How big is the tank?

I'll see your Jack and Raise you one- If he ever sits still long enough::fish2:

79583-albums13702-picture65037.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom