My LFS display tanks.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jondamon

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Just wanted to share these 3 display tanks at my LFS.

Well I say my LFS I actually just buy plants from this shop. As when I said to the owner I wanted some Bolivian rams, he replied I'm not placing a fish order for at least 2 weeks. Lol. But their biggest business is aquascaping rather than fish sales.

I have a different LFS for fish.

Here goes

Angel tank with Flying fox's

image-2966310740.jpg

Tetra community tank.

image-3639466769.jpg

Final tank.

image-623354131.jpg

Jon

Mrc8858 said:
The angel tank is AMAZING

I know!!!!!!!!

I can't help but gaze at it every time I'm in there.

The owner is an ADA aquascaping guy.

Jon

They really know their stuff. But their turn over of fish is slow. They've had the same single male Bolivian ram in the shop for over 3weeks.

But they can design tanks and they grow all their own plants in house as they are also a hydroponic shop.

They turned my boring tank
image-2016790396.jpg

Into this.

image-1965638545.jpg

Granted its nothing compared to their in house tanks.

However I only planted my tank yesterday.

Jon

Pretty cool..Is it only FW though..That second tank would be one sweet reef,or a FO with triggers ,tangs,puffers and angels

It's just a FW shop but with an emphasis on the scaping side of aquariums.

Jon

Wow you are sooooo lucky to have a shop like that near you. Those altimeter angels and the scape in their tank both look beeeuuutiiifuuul. Do you know how many gallons each tank is?

Tcal01 said:
Do you know how many gallons each tank is?

I don't unfortunately but I can give you approximate dimensions.

Angel tank approx 7ftX2ftX2ft

Community tank approx 9ftX1.5ftX1.5ft

Last tank approx 3ftX3ftX3ft

Jon

you did a great job on YOUR tank. the balance you have is very pleasing to the eye. it will be even better when your plants grow a bit. :)

jpchin said:
you did a great job on YOUR tank. the balance you have is very pleasing to the eye. it will be even better when your plants grow a bit. :)

Thank you very much.

However I will say that one of the employees designed the entire plantation of my tank including positions of the plants based upon how they will look once they've grown in.

The only thing I did was have a drawing of plant position within my tank and then follow the drawing once I got home with my near £250 or $340 worth of plants lol.

It cost a fair bit to plant this way but it's worth it.

Jon

well then let me say you follow directions very well! :) please keep posting pictures as the plants grow so we can follow along.

DAZZLER87 said:
love your tank:)

Thank you.

Some of the plants are going through melt currently. Nothing too serious just a few leaves here and there. Hopefully with my nutrients and the fact I'm using pressurised Co2 it shouldn't melt the entire plant.

View attachment 92634

Picture taken as this is being written.

Jon

Wow, it's coming on well, absolutely beautiful, I'd be proud of a tank like that!!
I'm not that brave, I'll just stick with my fancy goldfish haha!

Back
Top Bottom