My Main Tank / Minimalist Planted Aquascape

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Vircomore

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hey All,

So, after all the changes that my tank has gone through in the past 6 months - I thought I would create a bit of a "show off" / "ask for suggestions" thread for people to see how I've managed to incorporate live plants into a tank that was already established as a "fake plant" tank.

So first, a rundown of the vital stats:

26 Gallon Bowfront Tank (Aqueon)
-- Fluval 205 Canister filter.
-- Fluval M 100w Heater.
-- Marineland "Double-bright" LED platform (18"-24" version).
-- Gravel Substrate
-- AquariumPlants.net Tabs Fertilizer
-- No CO2

Plants:
-- Vallisneria (Corkscrew)
-- Java Fern
-- Java Moss
-- Anubias Nana
-- Hygrophila Difformis (wisteria)
-- Anacharis

Fish:
-- 6 Black Neon Tetras
-- 6 Zebra Danios
-- 2 German Blue Rams
-- 1 L033 King Tiger Pleco
-- 1 Garra Flavatra "Panda Garra"

So, if anyone has any suggestions of things to do differently with this tank - let me hear it. I'm always looking to improve.

Now for the pictures:

Full tank shot:
fulltankshot.jpg

Panda Garra showing off on the glass in front of the Hygro:
pandaandhygro.jpg

Very Nice shot of the Hygro, this stuff grows very nice under these lights and glows such a great green:
hygroanacharisandanubia.jpg

GBRs and their Hut, Java Fern growing on the roof and Vals growing in the back:
hutandgbrandanubias.jpg

Danio running the "hut leg slalom":
hutanddanio.jpg

GBR Closeup:
gbrn.jpg

Side Shot (close = left side, far = right side):
sideshot.jpg

love the pictures and the hut! haha

What temp do you keep the tank at? I have danios and I'm looking to get GBRs down the road but I know GBRs like warmer water. If its working out well for you I'll probably do the same! Also, have your GBRs paired up? (can't tell if theyre male and female)

Keep up the great work. looks great!

I keep my tank at 76-77F, and it doesn't seem to cause any ill effects for any of the residents.

As for the GBRs, I'm thinking I may have gotten two females because there has been some aggression and no pairing - but time will tell.

Vircomore said:
I keep my tank at 76-77F, and it doesn't seem to cause any ill effects for any of the residents.

As for the GBRs, I'm thinking I may have gotten two females because there has been some aggression and no pairing - but time will tell.

Sounds good! Thanks for the info!

Back
Top Bottom