My new 55 gallon reef

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PurplePolyp

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have had fish tanks before but never a salt water tank. This is what I have set up so far. There are a couple of corals in there, 2 damsels, 4 peppermint shrimp, and about 10 snails. Also, I think I may have found a starfish on one of my live rocks. I'm not sure how small they start out. This one is about the size of an aspirin.

image-3773144920.jpg

Ok.... I just completed a 20g refugium that i custom built to fit my stand. I have 2 tanks set up (75g Hexagon tank with 10g refugium....55gal with the custom 20g refugium). The 75 is down right now because I'm in the process of moving. I'm using my 55 to store all my live rock (appx 200lbs), corals, leathers, and fish. Right now its sorta crowded but in a week i should have the 75 up and running. Assuming that I don't have to wait for my tank to cycle again when I buy a few bags of live sand. I love this hobby more than I love my own wife.... Lol.
By the way, a 10g refugium doesnt leave alot of room for a protein skimmer. Thats the main reason that i built my own. By all means... Avoid Coral Life skimmers... They are over rated!

Back
Top Bottom