My new CL 46 Bowfront deal set-up pics!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chriznat20

Aquarium Advice Freak
46g Bow front with stand, light, glass top, and a "box of extras" (3 power filters, heater, etc)...

Getting ready for overnight leak test:
6jj96s.jpg

Of course, it passed the leak test! woot woot! Now on to moving it to its new place and getting it level. This is not good!:
2wc2rt1.jpg

Got it all leveled. Time to lay some subtrate!:
9syt8l.jpg

Filled up now and looking a littttttle cloudy! Have the Emperor running filled with floss to catch the dust....
242vdd4.jpg

What...you think I'd leave you on a cliffhanger like that? :D

Of course Ive got more pics!

New slate that I bought... and a plant or two from my established tank:
33e5r1w.jpg

To do a 'super cycle', I took filter media from my established tank and put it in the new filter. I added plants from my established tank as well as a mug full of gravel. I then waited a day or two to add fish and install my established power filter on the new tank. The new tank has 2 power filters - 1 established and 1 not:
2crvqy0.jpg

I bought this a few months ago after my Stealth Pro heater went zonkers and killed a bunch of my fish. I LOVE this thing - it acts as a temperature alarm (high temp and low), filter media check alarm, water change, etc:
312xsts.jpg

Meet "Mr. (or Miss?) Personality"..my pouting Silver Dollar - Every time I net him, it gets mad and does this for a day or two. But once it forgets, hes back to be his (or her?) regular self:
214xlra.jpg

Ahhhh....its a Beautiful thing!! Look how nicely the (noisy) Emperor filter cleared up the dust after a couple days. Really polished the water nicely.

16ae6a8.jpg

Thanks for looking - any suggestions?

nice! You are right about the emperor and noisy! I just ditched mine for a FluVal 405 I couldn't take it anymore.

Back
Top Bottom