My planted community tropical & discus tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Paulm7373

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hi, I have just joined this forum and added my profile plus some photos of my aquarium. I have a Juwel vision 260 Litre (about 65 gallon) which I have been running for 4 months now and have community fish as well as 3 discus fish. This is also the first time for me in keeping and maintaining a well-planted aquarium. All I use to keep the plants alive is nutrient based substrate with fertilizer, liquid Co2 (seachem flourish excel) and existing lighting (2 x 54W T5).

Here are my first pics. Let me know what you think. Any suggestions on making it look even better or questions are welcome.

Also check out my profile for more details on my fish and plants.

Attachments

• image-999940027.jpg
    image-999940027.jpg
    154.5 KB · Views: 300
  • image-522605978.jpg
    image-522605978.jpg
    175.1 KB · Views: 331
  • image-705091573.jpg
    image-705091573.jpg
    167.9 KB · Views: 305
  • image-2183920963.jpg
    image-2183920963.jpg
    191.3 KB · Views: 271
Paulm7373 said:
Thanks Holly! Always nice to hear positive feedback. I like your pics especially the last one :)

Hi Hholly, if you get this message I can't send you a private MSG as it says you have exceeded the quote to store private msgs and won't allow me to send one to you.

An absolutely stunning tank at only 4 months! I'll be getting my 55 set up for plants in 2 weeks! This makes me very excited; nice tank, nonetheless. :D

paulm7373 said:
hi, i have just joined this forum and added my profile plus some photos of my aquarium. I have a juwel vision 260 litre (about 65 gallon) which i have been running for 4 months now and have community fish as well as 3 discus fish. This is also the first time for me in keeping and maintaining a well-planted aquarium. All i use to keep the plants alive is nutrient based substrate with fertilizer, liquid co2 (seachem flourish excel) and existing lighting (2 x 54w t5).

Here are my first pics. Let me know what you think. Any suggestions on making it look even better or questions are welcome.

Also check out my profile for more details on my fish and plants.

o my lanta!
. .
O

WOW,WOW,WOW!!! that is a beautiful tank. the landscaping is stunning not to mention your beautiful fish. :)

Thanks Mr Breeze, I've only had this particular tank running for 4 months but have had many more years experience in keeping tropicals. So I guess that has helped me. I am still learning more and more, and hopefully this forum will teach me even more things and exchange ideas with all you lovely people.

absolutangel04 said:
That tank is just absolutely stunning. I love all the green. It really makes the discus' colors pop out. :)

Thanks!! Sometimes I think the photos make the tank look too green as they ate taken from my iPhone and not the best of quality. Tank actually looksuch better in real life and not as messy or busy. Will be doing some trimming on the plants this weekend so the tank should look neater as a result :)

corinne118s said:
What is on the floor of your tank? I want mine to look just like that!

Hi corinne118s, on the right hand side I have a portion of hairgrass where more and more runners are growing out from bunches that I first planted. On the left hand side I have a portion of white gravel just to have a different feature, and in front of that I am growing riccia fluitans which is a rootless plant that looks like cut grass clippings and is growing on flat trocks. This is a work in progress where I am trying to let it grow about an inch high and cover a large section of the front on the ground. See Below photos

image-1662324950.jpg

Already well grown about an inch high

image-1888723368.jpg

Planted couple of weeks ago and just tutted growing a few days ago

dotswithchemicals said:
An absolutely stunning tank at only 4 months! I'll be getting my 55 set up for plants in 2 weeks! This makes me very excited; nice tank, nonetheless. :D

Thanks! Let me know how you go when you have it set up with plants. Send some photos too. I think nice real plants can give any tank that WOW factor :)

jpchin said:
WOW,WOW,WOW!!! that is a beautiful tank. the landscaping is stunning not to mention your beautiful fish. :)

Thanks! Yes the landscaping is lots of work but it's rewarding when it goes well :)

Back
Top Bottom