My puffer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks. He was about 2.5 inches in the first video. Now he is 6.5 inches. Hopefully he will be pushing at least 9 inches by the 2 year mark .

I really like your puffer. I thought about getting a puffer for myself as well but after doing some reading I am not sure.. I read that if their teeth get to long they wont eat and then you would have to file them down and the process to accomplish that was a little to much for me. Have you ever had issues with his teeth.

Chev13696 said:
I really like your puffer. I thought about getting a puffer for myself as well but after doing some reading I am not sure.. I read that if their teeth get to long they wont eat and then you would have to file them down and the process to accomplish that was a little to much for me. Have you ever had issues with his teeth.

just feed crunchy crustaceans and you will not have a problem. Its strange to see pork chop going straight to the meat since my puffer actually crushes the shell. He is a smart fish

As of now, I only know of 2 puffer species that need manual trimming even with the best crunchy diet. Both are freshwater species.

I agree with Terrance. I just keep crabs and snails in there for him to eat if he wants too. I honestly can't even see his beak. Terrance he actually has yet to crack a shell from a grocery store clam yet but lately I can hear him grinding on it... The Hikari frozen half shell clams are broken to bits. Also he has had his clams served to him open like that at least every week since I had him so he is probably just used to diving in. Your fahaka must be huge by now!

As of now, I only know of 2 puffer species that need manual trimming even with the best crunchy diet. Both are freshwater species.

I would be looking for a freshwater puffer, what two are the ones that would need manual trimming.

Might be a dumb question but have you heard of anyone with a puffer and a stingray both freshwater of course in the same tank?

Chev13696 said:
I would be looking for a freshwater puffer, what two are the ones that would need manual trimming.

Might be a dumb question but have you heard of anyone with a puffer and a stingray both freshwater of course in the same tank?

South American and avocado puffer.

No I have not heard of any combo like thag, but im sure someone has tried it.

Back
Top Bottom