My rams

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Joker741

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Bolivian Ram

br01.JPG

br02.JPG

Are they all in 1 tank? Are any of them breeding pairs? All great looking by the way.

Yes, all in my 90 gallon tank. I only have one of each, just put two pictures of each. Thanks for the compliment.

Female Bolivian ram, male blue ram, and male gold ram in case you were wondering.

I really like the female Bolivian.

Thanks. I have only seen two at my LFS. The guy before bought one and I bought the other. I wanted both of them. I will buy an Electric Blue next.

In my opinion you are asking for problems by not keeping them in sexed pairs. They will fight and some will die.

Multiples of sexed pairs work best. Even in a 90g tank there can still be aggression as the dominant male may try to claim the whole tank if territories aren't established. It's easier for pairs to claim territory rather than a single submissive fish.

The Bolivian actually will not kill anything- the most youll ever see it do is lip lock.. the Blue Ram is known to kill others.. but you have a 90g. So it should be fine... they can all get a massive area to them self.. Your Bolivian which im sure you have noticed probably has the best personality out of the 3.. I love the Bolivian rams.. I currectly have 6 in my 55g with a pair of younger angels and some tetras..

Multiples of sexed pairs work best. Even in a 90g tank there can still be aggression as the dominant male may try to claim the whole tank if territories aren't established. It's easier for pairs to claim territory rather than a single submissive fish.
yes sex paired might be better but its not always a option for everyone. yes there can still be aggression just like any other cichlid but i think its a low chance it will be come that much of a problem in a 90 gallon.

I understand what you are saying bs6749, but as of now there is no aggression at all. The Bolivian and the German Gold were added at the same time and the German Blue was added a month and a half later. The GGR and GBR are best friends, where one is the other is only inches away. When I come to the tank, they all come to the front, when I watch from a distance, the Bolivian hangs in the middle of the tank and the GBR and GGR hang out on the same side. Not saying it won't or can't be a problem later, but for now, all is fine.

Back
Top Bottom