My Replacement tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Idealconcepts

Aquarium Advice Freak
First two pics are of my previous 135gal African Cichlid (Malawi) aquarium. Had about 35-40 Cichlids along with about 10-15 Juv's and Fry.

Second two pics are of the replacement 240gal (Bare) BIG Fish aquarium that I got about 3-4 weeks ago. Currenlty has a 4 inch Green Texas Cichlid and a 22 inch Black Arowana (it was labeled as a Silver so I got it for about 1/4 to 1/5 of what it would have cost)

Enjoy:D

Attachments

• 135Gal%20v2.jpg
    135Gal%20v2.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 102
  • 135Gal%20(6)%20v2.jpg
    135Gal%20(6)%20v2.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 83
  • Blk Aro Tank Feb08.jpg
    Blk Aro Tank Feb08.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 86
  • Blk Aro Feb08.jpg
    Blk Aro Feb08.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 67
SWEET! that would make an awesome reef tank :D
Seriously, looks awesome!

Thanks. :D

Not into SW, they look nice and everything but I'm drawn too Arowanas, especially the Asian Arowanas, Peacock Bass and the large Bichers.

Can't wait to have a tank with a half dozen to a dozen fish 18-30inches in length.

What type of lighting are you using? It looks almost like you are using a black light of some sort. Maybe it's the dark background and substrate. It looks amazing.

WOW! Being a saltie, I would love to see those as SW tanks, but your pics make for a great argument! Those are two beautiful tanks!

What type of lighting are you using? It looks almost like you are using a black light of some sort. Maybe it's the dark background and substrate. It looks amazing.

Thanks. It's just actinic (SP??) lighting mainly used for SW.

Wow those are amazing. That arrowana is gorgeous.

Thanks.

WOW! Being a saltie, I would love to see those as SW tanks, but your pics make for a great argument! Those are two beautiful tanks!

The first tank was replaced with the second tank, the one with the Aro. I'll post a few more pics of the new tank and my other tank.

Those are beautiful tanks! Your fish look awesome !

Thanks.

Great looking tanks. Very impressive.

Thanks.

Awesome tanks!!

Thanks.

Top two pics are of the 240gal that replaced the 135gal african cichlid tank. Still has the Black Arowana and added a Gulper Catfish to it.

Bottom two pics, with the multiple fish is my 300gal tank, has a slightly smaller Black Arowana, Petsmart Midas/Red Devil, Pike, Peacock Bass, Silver Dollars, Sevs, Pictus cats, FH, Chocolate Cichlid, and probabably a couple other fish I forgot about.

Still learning the whole Digital SLR thing so there is still room for improvement with the pictures. Enjoy.....

Attachments

• 240gal (1) v2.jpg
    240gal (1) v2.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 71
  • 240gal (4) v2.jpg
    240gal (4) v2.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 67
  • v2IMG_5099.jpg
    v2IMG_5099.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 86
  • v2 IMG_5105.jpg
    v2 IMG_5105.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 86
With the way you did the smaller tank I can't wait to see the larger one finished - very beautiful tanks and fish - :scrambleup:

With the way you did the smaller tank I can't wait to see the larger one finished - very beautiful tanks and fish - :scrambleup:

Thanks appreciate the compliments.

I am thinking of limiting the amount of decor I put in the new tank, possibly add a light colored substrate to the bottom and possibly a large piece of drift wood I have already. Currently the bare tanks is very easy to keep up, just a water change every week and clean out the filter ever 2-3 months.

Back
Top Bottom