My Tanks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Gorgeous, I love the video- I'll be posting updated pics in a few. I love the gar, must've been fun to watch him eat.

I am sorry about the poor quality of the video, I'm at work and had to upload to YouTube in standard definition. I do think I will try again at acclimating my Figure 8 to full marine but this time over the course of a couple weeks rather than just a day. He was in a full marine tank for less than a week but wouldn't eat and was already thin from the LFS so I setup a brackish and he finally stopped his hunger strike, but it may have just been the stress of the move and not the marine salinity causing him not to eat. He's much plumper now and I am more comfortable with the idea of trying again. I look forward to you pics as well.

And yes the gar is/was a treat, just too much bio load with him and the oscars a Pleco and a RES turtle. I know the turtle is the main culprit for increased bioload but he was my fathers and he recently passed away so there is no way I could get rid of it. I hand feed the gar and let him hunt feeders and would love to keep him.

I completely understand on the res, u could set up a terrarium for the turtle if your bioload is too high. The gar is only gonna get bigger and messier, lol. I'm trying to get my pics I just took up, stupid phone won't sync and I can't attach anything here, loo

My puffer FOWLR and puffy taken last night, along with a couple pictures of my betta community tank. There's saltwater crud on puffys tank because I have a leak in the rim:( these are my livingroom show tanks.

Attachments

• 2012-11-25_00-11-55_527.jpg
    2012-11-25_00-11-55_527.jpg
    180.2 KB · Views: 121
  • 2012-11-25_00-04-05_514.jpg
    2012-11-25_00-04-05_514.jpg
    119.2 KB · Views: 122
  • 2012-11-25_00-07-58_987.jpg
    2012-11-25_00-07-58_987.jpg
    242.3 KB · Views: 133
  • 2012-11-25_00-05-45_429.jpg
    2012-11-25_00-05-45_429.jpg
    150.8 KB · Views: 132
My side by side 10g planted and 10g someday to be a nano reef, hopefully, I'm finally starting to stabilize and I am out of the woods as far as diatoms are concerned, yay (y) the water is clearing and I'm starting to get what looks like coraline algae on the rocks, I plan on adding about 20 more lbs of live rock as soon as my nitrates drop and my water clears up- looks and smells "salty" lol. And of course, my 10g betta and fiddler planted tank- yes, I grew them from bulbs :) There is soon to be more plants, I think I might go and order some ludwiga, some water grass and marimo moss. Thanks for checking out my show tanks- these ones are in my room, fall asleep watching them instead of tv. My other tanks are 2g betta holding/ QT (3 of them) and a 20g hospital tank, all of these are bare with just fish, not really worthy of pictures.

Attachments

• 2012-11-25_00-31-03_208.jpg
    2012-11-25_00-31-03_208.jpg
    193.3 KB · Views: 156
  • 2012-11-25_00-16-12_282.jpg
    2012-11-25_00-16-12_282.jpg
    145.7 KB · Views: 111
  • 2012-11-25_00-13-20_5.jpg
    2012-11-25_00-13-20_5.jpg
    138 KB · Views: 140
  • 2012-11-25_00-15-37_832.jpg
    2012-11-25_00-15-37_832.jpg
    150.1 KB · Views: 130
Nice tanks, I really love the GSP and would love to have one of my own but cant setup another tank, I think my fiancée would just walk out at that point. Have to tried to remove and reseal the rim on your tank? I haven't done it myself but I hear its not too difficult.

It's funny you should ask that. I actually had to rebuild the tank and it was fine until about a month ago puffy broke the seal in the corner of the front of the tank. It started with one little drip and has since started coming of every corner on top (when I fill to the very top). I have another 40g in my basement that just needs a good scrubbing and, ho hum, cycling. My husband has actually snapped at me for the amount of time I spend on my hobby when I wasn't paying attention to him because I was doing an emergency change out (ammonia spike, nitrite, nitrate and phos- one of my friends was trying to be nice and clean the glass on the outside of my tank, spraying an uncovered tank with windex). I am thinking about just removing the rim, I'm just afraid of the cracks and stuff I'm gonna find

Gsps are really funny fish with larger than life personalities, but, yes, I know if I were to do another hn1 freshwater gsp fry to brackish baby to saltwater juvenile again my hubby would probably leave me. I'm constantly playing ecologist, be it for animals (on top of the aquarium hobby I have 4 cats and a 100lb 6 month old white german shepherd, lol, oh yea, and I have 2 elementary school aged kids as well.) Gotta keep busy or I'll go insane...

You could probably cycle it pretty quick if you use your filter material from your current tank.
I feel your pain on the significant other giving grief about maintenance... Mine does the same thing... She's getting better about it though. Your GSP chews your seal? I just recently witnessed my clown loach do that in my 125g, I really hope he doesn't hurt the seal on that tank.

Clown loaches, luckily, aren't as evil puffers- puffers have hard and sharp beak and teeth, I would keep an eye on it though. He wasn't chewing it- I didn't have time to handfeed him so I put a krill in there with him and ran my dog around the block. He was attacking.

Well clown loach actually have teeth similar to puffers, but true, they are far from aggressive. That sucks about your tank though, at least it's not ruined, just a pain in the butt to fix.

Sorry about the time gap

:hide: My puffs makeshift stand finally lost its stability, thank you puppy dog, so I'm still putting together another stand, my house is an 1830's colonial, in the process of restoring currently, :angel: I know this sounds awful- I am actually using his tank as a leveler for reinforcing and leveling my living room. I have added more live sand, more rock. Right before this I over vacuumed my diatoms and had a small phosphate problem, needless to say, am back and better than ever for my FOWLR!! I have macro algae, and I have some sponges and anemone along with coralline developing on my base rock- will have pics tomorrow. I'm going to be planting a single apongee in my micro betta tanks ( 3 2g holding tanks) tomorrow- my giant dufus dog, took out my bathroom deco 5.5g bowl, so now I'm once again keeping all of my aquaria secured in covered acrylic tanks right at my bedside, again, lol. I just broke my cats of their curiosities enough to have open deco bowl with separators :banghead: and am ordering live rock tonight to redo my nano (used base rock and almost button/ mushroom coral ready to save my CUC in my puffer tank)... :huh: I am an aqua nut!! :oops: I now have a 1g fish bowl filled with waste from trimming back my planted tank and a small amount of change out water to breed nuisance snails for my puffer. :whistle: post more pics in morning.

Looks to be mixed African and American cichlids correct? What kind of turtle and how big of tank?

Correct it is mixed. The turtle is an RES. The tank is a 125g tank. Since the video I have also upgraded my 10g to a 37g for my Figure 8.

Figure 8 (unless all my research is fail) and all the plants are fake.

image-3978971810.jpg

image-1202527076.jpg

image-544701948.jpg

These are some pics of him when he was in a 10g before his upgrade.
The crayfish was for feeding and once he killed it and has his fill the rest went to the oscars in my big tank.

Back
Top Bottom