My tropical babies

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ttharo69

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Some pictures of my parrot tropical fish who r such characters!!! And have bottomless pits when it comes to eating

Attachments

• image-204603551.jpg
    image-204603551.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 133
  • image-2892064683.jpg
    image-2892064683.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 109
  • image-11059527.jpg
    image-11059527.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 112
nice fish,im so jealous.my tank isnt big enough for them(i think)and around here they cost about $20.

Thanks, the pictures don't do them justice, and they are so cute. They interact feed out of my hand and have mating rituals which are fascinating to watch, also lay eggs on a regular basis. I know some aquarium keepers think it is cruel to have them as they are a man made breed with obvious deformity of their mouths, but I think mine are very happy babies.

they are????? now im not jealous.i think its cruel to breed fish that have a deformity just to get a characteristic you like.jmo.

alLexX said:
they are????? now im not jealous.i think its cruel to breed fish that have a deformity just to get a characteristic you like.jmo.

I don't breed them, they eat their eggs, not sure I like that you are implying I am cruel to keep them though.

ok,and no,im not implying that you are cruel.i just think it is cruel to breed them(to sell,having them breed in a home aquarium,by accident,is fine)to be a certain way(look,act,etc)even though it means they will be deformed(in a bad way)is cruel.

Sorry I am a little sensitive when it comes to them, as I had had two of them for 11 years now, and when one died, I did ponder over getting the other 3, especially as they were a pair. It has only been recently that I found out about the interbreeding which has caused the deformity.

yeah,its like the ballon mollys,people buy them,research them,and find out about the deformity.

Back
Top Bottom