New 55 gallon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Marconis

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hi everyone, here's my new tank. Feels absolutely wonderful to be back in the hobby after a year off. It's a first for me on several fronts: 3D rock background, fake plants (was really nervous about this as I've always had just rocks or live plants), LED light with built-in moonlights, and best of all...RIMLESS!

It's currently cycling (I miss silent cycles), so no fish for another few weeks, though I still have yet to decide on species. I'll probably go "minimal" with a giant school of tetras and perhaps a trio of centerpiece fish of the same species.

10465520_655150094573729_5423016551452740747_o.jpg

Nice what size is it? Never mind it's in the title, I guess that's what I get for trying to multitask lol. Maybe a trio of Geophagus pindare would look good in there.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Awesome I love this setup, although I'm a huge plant guy I like those plastic plants. Are you thinking cichlids or community? Some SA cichlids would look awesome.

Awesome I love this setup, although I'm a huge plant guy I like those plastic plants. Are you thinking cichlids or community? Some SA cichlids would look awesome.

Not really into South American cichlids. I used to have a Malawian 72 gallon, though. I'm looking to do a community but again, trying to keep it minimal with one very large mono-species school and a trio of another larger species.

Believe me, it was a stab at my pride for going with plastic plants but I'm just not up for live plant maintenance anymore. It reached a point where I stopped focusing on the fish and only cared about the plants (makes sense since I'm a Forester), but with this I want the focus to be the fish.

What about rainbow tetras and some psuedocrenilabrus multicolor or nicholsi? They aren't really big, but they're big enough to know they are there.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom