New Betta fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ViPz

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi there,

I bought a betta fish to put it my tank along with my existing 6 harlequins.

Day 1 and 2 he was super active and exploring, day three he has stayed by the heater, in the corner by the plants all morning, I'm wondering if something is up with him?
Temp is 26c, he does keep swimming up and down along the corner and not just for air.
Any ideas? See pic attached

Attachments

• image-300021016.jpg
    image-300021016.jpg
    158.5 KB · Views: 77
how biug is the tank? any tankmates?what kind of filter? he might just be spooked by the change,after the initial exploring

I agree that he may just be adjusting.
How big is the tank? Are his colors still the same? What are your water parameters? If the tank wasn't cycled before you added the fish, there may be an ammonia spike.
He is a very pretty little guy. :)

He's either acclimating to his new surroundings or he's one of those bettas that doesn't appreciate having tank-mates and he's keeping his distance. In my opinion and from my past experience with them, bettas prefer to be solitary.

I think I may have had the current turned up too high for the poor little guy!

Have turned it down and he has now ventured out to the middle of the tank a few times.... ;-)

Thanks guys I will keep an eye on him and let u kno how it goes!!

Mine did exactly the same which how he got his name mr grumpy! He sulked for two days after spending day one all active!

Back
Top Bottom