New biocube 14g

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

slitherbomb

Aquarium Advice Addict
I just finished with my biocube! Tell me what you guys think!

Attachments

• image-2616764514.jpg
    image-2616764514.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 146
  • image-3497788222.jpg
    image-3497788222.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 167
Btw can anyone help me identify what this little black fish is?

Attachments

• image-13892212.jpg
    image-13892212.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 151
  • image-2463474468.jpg
    image-2463474468.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 135
  • image-2061201881.jpg
    image-2061201881.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 157
  • image-1808047825.jpg
    image-1808047825.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 134
I think it looks pretty good! Just need some color in there and you'd be set! lol

sorry, I have no idea on the fish...

About a week but it's fully cycled. Yes I was thinking corals but wasn't really sure which would be able to survive with the lighting in the biocube.

I have the 29g cube myself. :)

I for sure would look at some zooanthids, very colorful, easy to keep and realtively cheap. Mushrooms are alsos a great choice, for color as well as they don't need very much light. have you looked liveaquaria.com and checked out their corals? They have beginner packs that you can look at to see what kinds are recommended. :)

I haven't taken the plunge on corals in my cube yet, I have alot of other tanks going so it gets neglected sometimes. But it is perfectly capable of keeping corals as far as light. I wouldnt get into a birdsnest or any other SPS or hard corals though.

Ahh I see where youre going but I hate to tel ya, I don't think a nem is gonna work in that cube. The lighting for one, and the age of the tank. You need to have a stable tank for at least about 9 months or so.

On another note though, clowns won't automatically host anything, it's all a crap shoot. lol

Clowns have been known to quite frequently host corals but thats not alwasy good for the coral or the fish. My clowns were hosting an elegance coral, real expensive too, and it was awesome but they eventually almost killed it. i had to give it away. :-(

I had a nem, was more trouble than it was worth. LOL I rehomed him after about 2 months. he eventually took over half my tank he got so big. Plus some people say they can eat fish so that was the last straw for me.

I don't have one of those, but if you keep it away from other corals you would be fine. it looks to be one of the rampant growers so you might want to watch out for overpopulating the tank with it. Did you see the mushrooms and zooas? Check under polyps...

It's on sale, i was looking at that very same pack about 2 hours ago. i think that'd be perfect!

Dont rush it, shipping is expensive so you wanna get as much as you can in one order. Look around the site and see if theres anything else that catches your eye. :)

Back
Top Bottom