New Clams

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

EMS503

Aquarium Advice Freak
I recieved these Clams a little over a week ago from Barry at Clams Direct. Doing great. @ in my 75 gal. Reef and 1 in my 30 gal. Anemone tank.

How many clams are there? From the pic the two in the top pic look like Croceas to me, but when they're small it's tough to tell. Either way, they are beautiful clams..(y)

Just those two in the reef and the one in the 30, all three are Maxima's, I lost my other clams when the 75 sprung a leak and had to move everything.

Lights are out now I will try to get a picture tommorow. I have been curious about that one too as it dosent open as fully as the other Maxima's I have, Opens more like a crocea. this clam spun it self so it is facing backwards to late to move it as it is anchored now and on the same rock as the big max. Im a rookie when it comes to clams so all bets are off :mrgreen:

Kevin I spoke with Barry from Clams Direct and he said if this clam is not a true Maxima it probably is a Hybrid. But definetly not a crocea. Either way I think I will keep it looks great. He just got in some Blue rimmed deresa. Mine will be in Friday.

it probably is a Hybrid.

Cool, to be honest, I didn't know they did that, but it seems perfectly reasonable :wink:

Either way I think I will keep it looks great.

Well, this is what really matters and I agree, it looks great!!

He just got in some Blue rimmed deresa. Mine will be in Friday.

Hmmmm, seems like someone has gotten the clam bug :wink: (y)

alrmc4 when you are ready for clams. go to www.clamsdirect.com

Not only does he get new clams in frequently, He hand picks most of them to be sure they are healthy.

He has a section for ordering and takes information about your tank and will let you know if the tank is ready for clams.

At the begining he wouldn't sell me clams because my tank was off in a few areas, That corrected I have now begun to place clams in my tank.

This IMO is a sign of a person who truly wants to see you and the clams make it and not in it entirely for the dollars alone

thanks very much for the info....I will follow your advice on that i think it is the only way to start out successfully with someone that is that dedicated :fadein:

Back
Top Bottom