New Female Betta

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Galligak

Aquarium Advice Addict
I had an extra tank sitting around and thought why not help a betta. I found this beauty at the local PetCo. She was the smallest and the most pale one of them all. My sister begged me to get her, so I did. Now she's colored up and zipping around her tank. It took a while to take a good picture of her. She now resides in a 2.5g Mini Bow. Happy betta:D

Here she is:
img_1742991_0_728a6dd14fad9b61b74ae9fbecd4580e.jpg
img_1742991_1_fdb2046ae9f91855bd38a051e14333a2.jpg
img_1742991_2_bb94f64a8cfa7916412f2c33d87eeb86.jpg
img_1742991_3_f7b5794ae3e18827f4fcc05ff6ea1dd8.jpg
img_1742991_4_3cffce43825a6e585e97594a72167699.jpg

Any suggestions on a name?

ocminpin said:
She's so pretty... Imagine how bright her colors will be within a few weeks :)

Thanks! I hope that she colors up even more as well. She'll be even happier when her tank is planted. Thanks though:)

AquaKai said:
Thanks! I hope that she colors up even more as well. She'll be even happier when her tank is planted. Thanks though:)

You've inspired me with the bettas... :) I always go for the brightest prettiest one... Next time I'll do the opposite and save a life.

just thought of a name that might be cool... what about Aquamarine?

she definitely a pretty one.... i was thinking for a name maybe sunshine or sunny since she has a bit of sun color tint to her head?? i have a red male betta who seems to have blossomed with beautiful red/blue fins since i got him in dec. i got him at petsmart and he was in blue water and looked like he was a bluish purple but when i put him in his tank he was red which was fine cause i like the reds and blues in bettas... his fins seem to have had a bit of fin rot/fin loss at first and after a bit of TLC his fins seem to be twice the length they were and he seems much healthier. hes very active and a show off at times then he has his down time too but overall hes a joy to have like a 2nd child really and my 3 yr old helps me take care of him...

beautiful! makes me want another betta. :(
Thanks, I love buying bettas. It's very addictive! I felt the same way... and then I bought one.

You've inspired me with the bettas... :) I always go for the brightest prettiest one... Next time I'll do the opposite and save a life.
That's probably the safest way to go with bettas, the brightest prettiest betta. But I love the bad looking ones, I always feel like that they need a second chance even if they don't last long I gave them that extra time. However there is that elusive diamond in the rough, which I think I got!

just thought of a name that might be cool... what about Aquamarine?
Oh, I really like that name! She does have the glimmer that is very aquamarine... and my 'name' on here is AQUAkai

she definitely a pretty one.... i was thinking for a name maybe sunshine or sunny since she has a bit of sun color tint to her head?? i have a red male betta who seems to have blossomed with beautiful red/blue fins since i got him in dec. i got him at petsmart and he was in blue water and looked like he was a bluish purple but when i put him in his tank he was red which was fine cause i like the reds and blues in bettas... his fins seem to have had a bit of fin rot/fin loss at first and after a bit of TLC his fins seem to be twice the length they were and he seems much healthier. hes very active and a show off at times then he has his down time too but overall hes a joy to have like a 2nd child really and my 3 yr old helps me take care of him...
Awww... I love the happy endings to the sad betta stories. I love the names you picked out. Now the decisions are piling up! I bet you 3yr old loves the betta, my sister does. Thanks though for the compliments though on her!

How cute. Is she a crowntail?
Honestly, if it was me I would name her Carbon (like a diamond, get it?), but thats because I am a dork. Lol.

absolutangel04 said:
How cute. Is she a crowntail?
Honestly, if it was me I would name her Carbon (like a diamond, get it?), but thats because I am a dork. Lol.

Awww I love the name Carbon:). It's dorky! Love it!!! To tell you the truth I was thinking of Elizabeth (from pride and prejudice) or Jane (Jane Austen/Goodall). But Carbon is so unique! She is a crown tail.

Here are a few more pictures of her. Also I'm now between Sirena and Carbon for names. Sirena because it's spanish for mermaid and she looks like a mermaid, and Carbon, well just look back through this thread!

Looking for the pellet:
img_1745885_0_d3cbd55181da448cf1aafd5b2ccfcbb9.jpg

Two good pictures of her green shimmer:
img_1745885_1_b1a5ce8fbe96c1e6439cf42660577e20.jpg
img_1745885_2_1651b546ba0bb8a32a9cf4e1ea6bb0f8.jpg

She's very curious!
img_1745885_3_b8d16ad4b0ad46c2f4e43a275bc59871.jpg

Checking out the decor of the tank:
img_1745885_4_48847439ec9f9b7bd0fb959c3993a1f3.jpg

Hanging out by her Anubias:
img_1745885_5_3db78ff43744131732593f6523145dd5.jpg

Just keep swimming!
img_1745885_6_88e56d5ddf981b34f2b7d5175e133b6b.jpg

She's pretty :p if she were mine I would probably name her something weird and Victorian like Odessa or arabella hahaha.

She's now been named Sirena:). The next betta I get shall be named Carbon:). Which I hope will be in the near future since I may have convinced my sister...

paytertot said:
She's pretty :p if she were mine I would probably name her something weird and Victorian like Odessa or arabella hahaha.

Thanks! I really like Arabella... May have to get another fish and name it that... But thanks, I think that she's a looker;)

AquaKai said:
Thanks! I really like Arabella... May have to get another fish and name it that... But thanks, I think that she's a looker;)

She is! Lol now I'm going to have to go out and get a new betta :)

AquaKai said:
Get the small sad looking one! She/he will thank you!

I have a tendency to do that anyway hahaha. There are so many at my lfs tho, I get sad that I can't take them all :( haha

You got some really nice pictures! I really like the first one where she is looking up at the food. She is definitely looking really good. Its amazing how much they perk up in larger spaces. :)

Back
Top Bottom