New plants-New look

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

blazeyreef

Aquarium Advice Addict
Well I lucked out today and got some nice plants- some Vallisneria spiralis (not an amazing specimen but I am 95% sure it can come back :) ) and some eleocharis montevidensis. I REALLY like the eleocharis, it looks really nice. I also got two beautiful male Poecilia reticulata :D though they are hiding in the eleocharis so no pictures of them yet :(
an updated picture of the 29

Attachments

• adf.jpg
    adf.jpg
    110.8 KB · Views: 80
I like the black substrate in the middle with the drift wood. Nice job.

What's in there, equipment wise, fish wise, etc?

I like the black substrate in the middle with the drift wood. Nice job.

What's in there, equipment wise, fish wise, etc?
Thanks, both of y'all :D

65watt- CF,10,000k
Rena XP1
Eco Complete small bit of tahaitian moon sand
plants
Crinum thaianum, Cryptocoryne wendtii, Echinodorus palaefolius, Eleocharis montevidensis, Limnophila aquatica, Ludwigia repens, valisneria spiralis
Fish
5x Glowlight Tetra (Hemigrammus erythrozonus), 3x Blue and Red Columbian Tetra (Hyphessobrycon colimbianus), 3x Cherry Barb (Puntius titteya), 3x Corydoras schwartzi, 4x Otocinclus, 2x Male Lyretail Guppy (Poecilia reticulata), and an unknown number of ghost shrimp

:D

It's lookin' good, I agree with MrMalta the black substrate under the DW is pretty cool! Can't wait to see more pics. : )

I need to post an updated picture! The onion plant has grown like 5-6 new leafs, the ludwigia is almost to the surface, the crypts are growing slowly but surly, got some new vals and the vals in their are sending out runners. Also New plants should be coming in on Friday.
I have had it like this for about a month or so, so far keeping the substrates apart has not been to hard. when I do a WC a few eco rocks get on the sand but I can simply pick them up as it is only about 10 or so piecs. I will get a picture up later.

more pics added 04/16/08

Here is one as of today. You will obviously notice the nasty red-ish algae on the wood. I am currently fighting that, as well as some very minor other algae (thinking maybe fuzz, but I dont know) but so far its going pretty well.
I also included two pics of my two beautiful guppies :D

Attachments

• tank041508.jpg
    tank041508.jpg
    138 KB · Views: 63
  • guppy1.jpg
    guppy1.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 64
  • guppy2.jpg
    guppy2.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 89
Niiiiice - love the dark path - you must have patience - I drink too much coffee and my hands shake too much to do that - again NIIIIICE

Back
Top Bottom