New tank :)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chrisb2011

Aquarium Advice Regular
Ok I bought my new tank today Vicenza 260 litre I've added 50% of my old tanks water and an just letting it heat up now I've added the appropriate supplements and will be adding my fish I'n a few days as I've been told as I've used some of my old water and added live bacteria etc that this will be ok there are loads of bubbles on my tank Walls and ornaments how long till this will go down? Thanks :)

Attachments

• image-1431369692.jpg
    image-1431369692.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 300
Expect to have to cycle this tank as little bacteria lives in the water column of a tank; rather it is mostly found in filter media and substrate.

Setup up looks really nice though!

The house is a little slanted I found out after filling it directly up as one sides on the fill line the other side is about 2cm below it the stand has feet to raise it up and down but I can't find instructions would it be safe and possible to raise the stand with all the wait I'n it on the side that is higher up or should I leave it it's bugging me lol
Thanks I love it :)

Chrisb2011 said:
The house is a little slanted I found out after filling it directly up as one sides on the fill line the other side is about 2cm below it the stand has feet to raise it up and down but I can't find instructions would it be safe and possible to raise the stand with all the wait I'n it on the side that is higher up or should I leave it it's bugging me lol

Since you don't have fish in the tank yet, why don't you empty the tank, save the water, level the tank then fill it up with the same water. I did the same thing with my 33g. I used thin pieces of wood and a leveler(?) Good luck!

I really like the motif. Has a sort of bermuda triangle feel to it. Oscars would look great in their.

I have used a fair chunk of my old tanks water and need to get rid of my old tank and put my fish I'n the new one ASAP tbh :( and also haven't got Anywer to store that amount of water sadly

Chrisb2011 said:
Would it be ok to just leave it? Slightly slanted ?

I'm not sure though. Maybe because it's slanted the water pressure on parts of the tank will be different? And may cause leaks? I don't know but that's what I was thinking when I decided to level my tank. Maybe somebody who really knows if you can leave it like that will chime in.

no you cant leave it like that for multiple reasons
1.it would coss stress on parts of the glass.

2.it'll cause stress on the stand causing it to possibly break.

3.it could cause leaks.

overview-will crack and all fish and water will be on the ground.

Chrisb2011 said:

2cm is over 3/4" and that's a lot of tilt putting stress on the seams they aren't meant to take IME. I'd suggest getting it closer to level to about a 1/16" or less and do it from the base of the stand and not the bottom of the tank.

Back
Top Bottom