New tank 7gal setup & help needed!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JavaMoss

Aquarium Advice Regular
Ok so this is my tetra/minnow tank, I really like it but what do you think ?

Also what small plant or moss ball would look good where the white gravel is in the middle.

Cheets

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20110705_071318.jpg
    ForumRunner_20110705_071318.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 264
  • ForumRunner_20110705_071338.jpg
    ForumRunner_20110705_071338.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 228
is that mondo grass? If so, it's not aquatic.

Otherwise it looks good, I probably wouldn't put anything in the center, but if you wanted you could put some marsilea minuta in there.

Beautiful setup. Plenty of different types of grass in the aquarium trade to use...

I love white clouds... I see you have neon tetras/white clouds... I had a cardinal tetra/cardinal minnow tank.

Try the Vietnamese white clouds... "cardinal minnows" known as tanichthys micagemmae instead of albonubes since they aren't from white cloud mountain. Expensive but I have my viet minnows from three generations back.

My tank is a "closed" 36g corner tank... driftwood and plants... communal/custodial fish (dwarf loach, pygmy cory, pea puffer, hk pl*co, american flag fish, viet minnows, female betta splenden, female betta coccinas, german ram, snails, tubifex worms, and endlers guppies--the last three are as feeders)... I never have to feed my fish unless I feel like simply adding something new to the system--all I do is add water... once somethin goes in it never comes out and that is why I call it a "closed" system... been going on for many years.. took me a while to build up the essentially "living organism" that I my tank. Mostly all the fish feed themselves due to their distinctive niches and amost all of them have jobs maintaining the tank for me.... I use no filter, only a weak powerhead promoting a current and the plants clean for me, my fish are super strong surviving multiples relocations (when I moved) over the years.

Are you looking for ground cover for the middle?
Or something a little taller? That will help us make some recommendations.

Back
Top Bottom