!!!new tiger fish!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
OBEYtheFISH said:
Lol that chuckle after he ate the minnow cracked me up

Lol same here...huh huh huh...haha:)

Congrats on that fish man! I am going to you tube an adult tigerfish now!

Well it's been a week and the tiger fish is doing well. I did notice a bump on his jaw from getting a little to aggressive in his hunting and hitting the glass, any ideas on what can be done to prevent this? I've also ran into issues in my other tanks with external parasitic worms so have a mass treatment going on, two of the tanks that I haven't seen evidence of the infestation yet may be infected are my guppy tanks that are part of my tiger fish food breeding project :-( I havent fed any to the tiger as the fry are still super tiny thank goodness. The possible transfer of the parasites was when I transferred an established filter to the main guppy tank. The filter was on the infested tank but it was moved long before I noticed the infestation so treated the guppy tanks anyways just to be sure. Last thing I want is to infect my expensive tiger fish. To date he has only been fed rosy red feeder minnows and eats one to two a day. At 50 cents a pop that will add up especially as he grows hence the guppy breeding which will likely evolve to mollies. I'll try to post some updated videos if I can, he has gotten alot more active.

From what I've read, mollies are the way to go. And I'm really sorry it went south for you. Hopefully it fixes itself.

Is there anything else you feed him? Or is he live-fish only?

So here is an updated photo, I added the plants to give the minnows a hide out and hopefully keep the tiger from hitting the glass, fingers crossed. The two tanks you can see the tips of are my guppy tanks, one is a grow out the other is the main tank. Hopefully the plants also stimulate the tiger and give him some entertainment while on the hunt.

kdpuffer said:
So here is an updated photo, I added the plants to give the minnows a hide out and hopefully keep the tiger from hitting the glass, fingers crossed. The two tanks you can see the tips of are my guppy tanks, one is a grow out the other is the main tank. Hopefully the plants also stimulate the tiger and give him some entertainment while on the hunt.

I love the huge tank with the little monster haha! Looks great!

Back
Top Bottom