New Video - Marineland Half Moon 10G

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Brian_Nano12g

Aquarium Advice Addict
Just threw this quick youtube video together of my new acquisition, which is the Marineland Half Moon 10G. It's still a work in progress, but here's what I have so far. The only mod I did was change out the filter to a Fluval C2. I also created a stand out of an Ikea Expedit bookshelf. I used a rubber mat and a separate shelf (which I spray painted black) to help create a barrier to prevent any water spillage that can weaken the structure of the bookcase.

Marineland HalfMoon 10G - Week 1 - YouTube

Real Sharp! The black, (it's black right?) background pulls it together.

Thanks!!! Yeah it's a black background. I actually used black chalkboard contact paper which has a very light adhesive so it's pretty easy to apply.

Here's an update... About 2 weeks ago I switched out my old fish (the danios in the week 1 vid above) that I used to help finish the cycle and stabilize the tank and new filter for my new INDIAN DWARF PUFFERS! Yay... I'm excited because I always wanted some of these neat little guys!

Here's a new video:
Dwarf Puffers - 10G Halfmoon - YouTube

One "Last" video update on this puffer tank.. Everything is going well. I found this nice bunch of narrow leaf java fern that I've been searching for. Really makes the low-tech setup feel more planted, which I'm sure the puffers like (and me).

Dwarf Puffer Tank - 10g Halfmoon Update - YouTube

And... a close up shot of one of the puffs :)
27524-albums9048-picture43983.jpg

I just saw this tank from the link in your signature (which never shows up on my iPod). Is it still up? I'm just assuming it is from the signature link. It's so different from everything else on the site. Love an update.

Hey Brian... yeah it's still up. I have 3 dwarf puffers in it (2 of the original died, so 2 new ones were added). I did a little bit of change, not much at all... My narrow leaf java fern had some sort of Java Fern disease in which it just started browning and it was spreading... I had to quickly remove it and cut away as much as I can.. I have it in another tank bouncing back. I also added the Anubias Petite and a real Marimo Ball (the old being a fake Fluval one).

Here's some pics of the tank as of today...

i5wVCUDAlJlRO.jpg

ibvVPPvIAIB3gc.jpg

iWQQfR39p6Yr9.jpg

One of the new puffs...

ijAiFfDg0ifg8.jpg

So cool! Thanks for the update. Have you ever thrown in a few ghost shrimp? I've never kept puffers but one guy I used to know said his seemed to love them. I mean, who doesn't like shrimp? lol

I once bought a java fern with really pinnate leaves (don't remember the variety) that suffered the same thing you're describing. Poor thing didn't make it and I had no idea how to help it back then. A peroxide dip may have helped.

Back
Top Bottom