November FW contest submissions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zagz

Aquarium Advice Addict
Sumit your photos for the November FW photo contest. Please do not post comments in this thread, the thread is for the pictures only. For full contest info click here .

The submissions will run for 3 weeks with the voting going on for the final week of the month.

Here is my photo submission for the November FW photo contest.

There know as Otto Cats but their scientific name is Otocinclus affinis.
I really just let him do his own thing and feed him the occasional fruits and veggies for a treat. He likes the warm water and makes him more active. They also love live plants and love to chill in them if you can tell in my picture. His nickname from me to him is spazz :D.

here's mine:
Baby Spixi Snail (AKA Zebra Apple Snail)

341860625.jpg

spixi snails live in water 75-80 degrees, move quickly in warm watre tend to move slower in cooler water. Have beautiful zebra patterns on their shells & grow to be about the sz of a nickle!

tank016.jpg

Male Long Fin German Blue Ram (Mikrogeophagus ramirezi)
Fairly easy to care for provided quality stock. I suggest getting direct from a breeder. Prefers a low pH and gH, but tank bred specimens can adjust to most water conditions.
Territorial, best kept in even numbered breeding pairs.

blue lobster 006.jpg
Hammers Cobalt Blue Lobster (Procambarus sp.)
this is a crayfish that grows to be 5 inches in length. they never lose their blue color except in times of stress, at which time they turn brown. once the stress has gone, they regain their color. they should be kept in a min 20 gal sealed tank, and are semi aggressive usually towards slow fish in their territory.

Attachments

• blue lobster 006.jpg
    blue lobster 006.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 410
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom