Off Topic: Need some snow pics...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

reefrunner69

Aquarium Advice Addict
OK, it is getting on towards Thanksgiving, I know some of ya'll have had some snow. How about letting those of us that don't get to see it, live vicariously through your cameras. I'm sending out a request for snow covered landscapes, snowmen, ice sculptures, kids (and adults) involved in snowball fights, sledding...etc...Show me your winter wonderlands!

How do you plan on enforcing the SNOW IS EVIL stance with these photos? HAHA

BTW, I would love to give ya photos but its usually Jan before any decent snow hits us where I am at.

fishfreek said:
How do you plan on enforcing the SNOW IS EVIL stance with these photos? HAHA

I won't let the kiddies see them,....well, I probably will. When the youngest is a bit older and not quite so fearless, we do plan on taking them to see snow, but it will probably be a couple of years.

i wont get a good snow for about a month. but, just to let you know. ive seen snow every winter for all my life. and I HATE IT. its cold. you can go stand in a walk in freezer , its about as much fun.

See Aaron, I told you it was evil... :tongue:

OK folks, we have determined that snow sucks, course as a kid, I remember snowball fights, making snowmen and sledding as being very fun, but for the sake of argument it sucks. :wink: But...it is still very pretty and photogenic, so rather than gripe about it, how about let's post some pics of it :lol:

Snow only sucks if you have to live in it as an adult.

I remember fondly, shoveling sidewalks to make extra spending money, snow fortresses made by the neighbor kid and I, hosing down flat areas to make our own homemade skating rinks...Chicago suburbs in the winter are remembered with joy.

In Louisiana, it is funny how people get when there is just a miniscule chance we will have snowflakes in the forecast. They get all prepared like it will be a natural disaster, then after the larders a filled, all start acting like little kids, watching for the first flakes.

The Comstock residence:

house.jpg

Kevin~
I happen to disagree with everyone here. I think snow is awesome as a kid as well as an adult. I love winter, and I love snow, it's not evil in my opinion. I grew up in NE and also have fond memories of snowmen, sledding, and home-made ice rinks. I also however have fond memories of snow and winter as an adult while being stationed in Alaska. I lived in fairbanks for 3 1/2 years, with temperatures exceeding 50 below zero. We saw white 9 months out of the year there. We had to plug our cars into electrical outlets to keep the engine from freezing. I was also in the army at that time and had the joy of camping out in it. I went skiing, and drank cocoa alot. Saw the aurora borealis (AKA northern lights) wild moose would greet you at the front door before work. It was always white, the air even froze, but I loved it... I would go back now if I could. I love winter! This thread made me a little sad as I live in Hawaii for the moment and no chance of the white stuff here. I know alot of you are thinking "sure I feel bad for that poor lady, she has to live in Hawaii" I get that sarcasm alot. I can't wait to see some snowy pics. HURRY UP!!!!!!!!!! 8O

HERE HERE! More pictures!

I was in Buffalo last year when it snowed 7 feet and made national news. I had a rough time getting to work that day, but we made it. Around 10:30 the boss comes in and says "It's getting pretty rough outside, and it's supposed to get worse. You might want to think about taking off." So I did...it took 2 hours to get home (takes 15 minutes to get to work normally). Then I helped my roommate dig his car out, and we took off, he to Syracuse and I to Rochester. Rochester is 60 miles away and it took me 4 hours. Syracuse is 120 miles, and it took him 8 hours.

I WANT THAT AGAIN! I LOVED it. :) Not so much the driving, but 7 feet of snow is GREAT to play in! I don't want it to snow if I have to go to work though. I WANNA PLAY!

-j

Cold?

I will tease most of you who complain about cold! I'm in Minnesota, so the only one I won't call a wimp is Sunsplash! :D Anyone who's lived in Alaska is a trooper!

Here's the best pic I could do on short notice, it's from Tahoe last year! I can't find the good ones of my back yard! :bandit:

tahoe.JPG

Hope this works, it's my first time doing a picture on the forum!

Psst... I hear we're getting 6" soon! :lol:

Ah, it's going to be great once it starts snowing. Up to the mountains for snowboarding, then.

I'm in Minnesota, so the only one I won't call a wimp is Sunsplash!

Come spend August and September with me :twisted: Then we'll see whose a wimp, when your crying about it being so hot and the air is so thick you can cut it with a knife....Come on down.... :twisted:

Back
Top Bottom