One of my bichirs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mudfrog

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Thought this was a cool shot.

15824860037_b35aaf2308_b.jpg

Great pic!

55 gallon elephant nose tank
16 gallon Giant African shrimp tank

I've always wanted to see one in person but they're illegal in Hawaii. Are they active or are they more like ambush hunters?

I've always wanted to see one in person but they're illegal in Hawaii. Are they active or are they more like ambush hunters?

They are fairly active for bottom dwellers but not like a normal fish. They spend majority of the time on the bottom either sitting or slowly creeping along. They go to the surface every so often for air. Most of their time is spent looking for food, they are complete pigs.

I had a handful of these guys at one time, sold them when I moved cross country. Miss the crap out of them. Love this shot!

Awesome picture! I like seeing fish like this big and healthy looking like they should be. Love that grumpy face!

The bichir from the pic above is now over 12".

16971569332_c1a2aea533_b.jpg

16781690118_fa77e234f9_b.jpg

OMG! that is so cool :)

55 gallon elephant nose tank.
30 gallon vampire shrimp, green lace shrimp and snails.

OMG! that is so cool :)

Yep, they are great fish. I have three Endlicheri's (in pic above) and one Ornate, here's a pic of the Ornate. The Endli's are captive bred, the Ornate is wild caught.

16968839645_f05f66c155_b.jpg

Yep, they are great fish. I have three Endlicheri's (in pic above) and one Ornate, here's a pic of the Ornate. The Endli's are captive bred, the Ornate is wild caught.

16968839645_f05f66c155_b.jpg

That is cool! What a beautiful pattern it has.
Love oddballs :)

Back
Top Bottom