OT summer time photos...add yours!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

reefrunner69

Aquarium Advice Addict
Here are a few I've taken this summer, feel free to add your own, mine will be mostly animals and insects...but anything taken in the sumertime is fair game.

_MG_5118.jpg

_MG_5082.jpg

_MG_5044.jpg

_MG_5006.jpg

focaldlade.jpg

_MG_4391.jpg

If others join in...I'll post some more later.

DANG!!!!!!!! 8O

I wish I had those skills! Thos are some awesome phtots. The color composition is beautiful. WOW! Great shots Kevin...

I hope your making money doing this.......

Nowhere near as good as you but this is my attempt up in Montana a week ago.

img_478232_0_623c6d7c24fc5a941f42443a3e30ea1d.jpg

img_478232_1_91d20887e476c330ffa5392868543193.jpg

img_478232_2_f6a1f5b02def7634ced3acdfdc91e796.jpg

img_478232_3_507c51bcc1d3432cb93fad2c19c6e90b.jpg

Thanks Rev!!!

Zenn, I love that last shot, that's a very strng composition and beautiful scenery!!! Great job.

Very nice!
Kevin, do you know what kind of flower is the second-to-last shot? It looks very alien close up!

Here are a few pics I took last month.

Attachments

• verrazano_02.jpg
    verrazano_02.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 44
  • crossbay_bridge.jpg
    crossbay_bridge.jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 47
  • airship.jpg
    airship.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 46
Wow! Kevin, as usual, 8O 8O !

zenn, I like the mountain picture too. We have those yellow daisies around here too. They are starting to fade now. I call them "droopy daisies", lol!

Here's a picture of a milkweed flower. It was taken at Lake Erie. I may have oversharpened it a bit.

When I try to add pics it says I have reached my upload limit.....I tried deleting some pics from my gallery but my limit is still reached....maybe I need to delete alot more from my gallery? 8O

Reefrunner you have mad mad mad photography skills! How do you get the insects to pose so nice & pretty for you? I love seeing everyone's pics :p

Kevin, do you know what kind of flower is the second-to-last shot? It looks very alien close up!

Thanks, it's a passion flower and it looks kinda alien from further away too, LOL.

When I try to add pics it says I have reached my upload limit.....

That's because the board has an upload limit and so does the gallery. How much gallery space you've used has no effect on your upload space to the board. You can free up space by clicking the profile button under one of your posts (to view your profile, not update it) and there will be a link to manage your upload space for the board ;)

Qtoffer, I love all three, especially the bridges...but it does look like you need to clean your sensor, got some dust bunnies. If you've not done it before or know how.... http://www.pbase.com/copperhill/ccd_cleaning That's what I use, I haven't bought the brush yet....but I'm going to, swiping the sensor is easy and it will make it squeaky clean ;)

Steve, nice job!! You look much younger than I expected from reading some of your posts!

An t-iasg, great job on the milk weed, I don't think we have that around here, I've never seen it before.

Talloulou, are you sure that your pics aren't too big? There's a 250 KB filesize limit, and a pixel depth limit too - I think it's 800 x 600.

If you still have problems, try PMing Fishfreak - maybe it's a glitch.

Thanks for the help reefrunner. I didn't even realize I had all those attachements that could be managed through my profile! I guess I deleted my whole gallery for nothing 8O
But it should work now .....so here's my summer QT pics

The first two pics were taking at the zoo. The bunny was taken at Priest Point Park really quick before my kids spotted it and chased it away. I like it cause it takes a second to find what your looking at. The frog was taken at the Nisqually Wildlilfe Refuge pond. What I really need is a zoom lens! And maybe some photography lessons. But I really love digital cameras as I am now free to shoot to my hearts content. I have been using the macro feature on my fish but the photos I have seen from you guys have inspired me to start bug & blossom hunting :p And I think my pics have improved since I began searching this site far & wide for tips, especially when it comes to capturing fish. Great pics everyone & thanks for your help as usual!

I think I see what you mean, Kevin - the four slightly darker splotches above and to the right of the airship's red vertical stabilizer, right?

I guess I haven't noticed them because I don't usually take pics with so much blue sky. How can you tell that they're on the sensor, and not on the lens? I just looked at that lens, and it did need a good cleaning. :oops: In any case, I've had the camera for over 18 months, and haven't cleaned the sensor yet, so I might as well swing by the camera store this weekend and get a cleaning kit.

Talloulou, if it makes you feel any better about deleting your whole gallery, that peacock picture is outstanding!

talloulou, great shots!!! I especially like the tigers!

QToffer, yep the dark splotches, I've never known dust on the lens to cause problems, except maybe softness, however on the sensor is another story. I use a rocket blower to blow off the sensor about once per week or more and use the copperhill sensor swipes to clean the sensor about once per month.

OK everyone...are we the only people that have taken pics this summer?

Back
Top Bottom