Paint Shop Pro Users or just looking for graphics software..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

reefrunner69

Aquarium Advice Addict
Paint Shop Pro 8.0 Public Beta Free D'load

http://www.jasc.com/pbeta/psp/product.asp

One of the most popular graphics software on the market has released it's new version and it is available tot he public for a free download (30 day free trial). Try it...you might like it. If you own a previous version the upgrade to 8.0 is 49.00. For new users...the price will be 99.00 (pre ordered before public beta is over), 109.00 (regular) packaged. 89.00 (download pre ordered before public beta is over), 99.00 (regular download). I use both Photoshop and PSP...I use PSP way more than photoshop.

IMO You get what you pay for... Never have been a fan of PSP. I remember when it first came out. Thumbs down...I am Photoshop all the way. Guess I like the challenge. I have been checking out Micrografix Picture Publisher recently and cannot give a good enough review of that one yet. So far so good though...

I use Photoshop at work, but at home since I'm poor I use The Gimp. It's free (under the GNU GPL license), and it's basically photoshop (but of course PS is nicer).

-j[/url]

timbo2 said:
IMO You get what you pay for... Never have been a fan of PSP. I remember when it first came out. Thumbs down...I am Photoshop all the way. Guess I like the challenge. I have been checking out Micrografix Picture Publisher recently and cannot give a good enough review of that one yet. So far so good though...

I agree you get what you pay for, and if you are a graphic artist then by all means you should get PS, it is the best....but PSP is probably a not so far second. If you haven't tried it since the first couple of versions (1-4 sucked @$$), you should consider it. PSP really became a very good program since version 5. I haven't used Micrografix, but have heard good things about it. I plan on D'loading the new version of PSP and seeing what it can do, I haven't tried it yet, but with each new version they are getting closer and closer to PS.

Well when PS 7 is 6X more expensive than PSP I dont think PS 7 is 6X better than PSP.

I have not used PSP but I will try it later. I know PS Elements is even a bit difficult to work with.

True, true... I do have to say for hisc1ay,, GO GIMP!!! I used it when I was into the LINUX thing... Great program and way versatile...I admit I did not like PSP up until 6.0...I should have made my self clearer...I prefer PS over all however, PSP after 6 has simular options to that of PS for less $...If you are interested, If I am not mistaken, you can use all plug-ins for PS in PSP...

Back
Top Bottom