Paint Shop Pro work.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

d9hp

Aquarium Advice Addict
I have been using paintshop pro 7 for over a year now, and still dont know 2/3 of the cool tools on the thing. I would love some input on how to take a picture and use on image out of it. Like take a clown out of a shot? I love making things appear different than they really are. I got bored and did this using some tools on paintshop, I would love it if I could really do this. Can you count the fish.

Or maybe you'd like two hammers, or two star polyp rocks with no fish?? I'll look and see if I've still got the colorizations I did of a B&W photo for a friend, years ago :wink:

OK, here it is, this is a picture of a friend of mines mother when she was very youg, the pic was a B&W that had yellowed over the years. When I was done with it, I printed it for him and he gave it to her on her 70th birthday.

nice work.. very professional, surprised you use Paintshop Pro and not Photoshop though.

Wow that's great work! I wish I could do that. <jealousy>

How did you capture just the hammer and not a perfect rectangle. That is all I know how to select and copy

In PSP 7 there are two selection tools, one will look like a dotted rectangle the other will look like a lasso, on the dotted rectangle, it is shaped selections, in your tool options pallette you can choose what preformed shape you want to use, ie; rectangle, square, ellipse, circle, triangle, etc... With the lasso, you can choose from three different styles, free hand, point to point or smart edge. I used the free hand selection tool, traced a rough outline of the hammer, then used the clone tool, to clean it up a bit.

Ok, I am still getting the hang of the clone tool. I dont get what it really does. Isnt it just suppose to take the color of one thing and use it as a brush?

No, the clone tool clones something, you select a target area, a size, density, opaqueness etc...and then start painting with it, and it copies from the selection area. For instance, I could have copied the hammer with the clone tool, but I find when you use it like that, it is obviously fake. I didn't do the best job on yours, but I removed all the fish and copied the GSP and the Hammer in a bout 10 minutes.

One thing you should do, if you want to get the most out of your PSP, is buy a book or look for online tutorials on the different features. The how to is out there, you just got to find it and then experiment.

Wow, I have PSP7 and Photoshop, dont know how to use either of them.
You guys have inspired me!~

There are some great user groups with PSP tuts on yahoo, very helpful members too.
Also, check out Jasc.com, the makers of PSP. They have some unreal guest authored tuts :wink:
Louise

This has nothing to do with this, but found this picture and found it quite amusing. Look carefully.

I use PSP7 as well; there is a TON of things you can do with it, and its not that far behind Photoshop in terms of ability.

For example, the pic below is one I did for a joke on another forum (assuming i do the attachment correctly):

Heh, was a running joke. Someone called clown loaches the ADHD poster children of the fish world and, well, I couldn't resist.

And since you had asked previously about how to do stuff like that, I'll give you a basic outline of what I did:

Found the 2 pics that I wanted to combine (that can be a pain sometimes, finding exactly what you want).

The one with Jerry also had a handicapped girl in it, and I needed to remove her. I used the clone tool that was mentioned previously. Picked an area on the curtains that was clear, and used the clone tool to cover up the girl (by clicking on the area I wanted to copy with the shift button already depressed, then moving the cursor to the area I wanted to cover).

Then I went to work on the loach. I did a rough outline with the freehand selection tool (the lasso), then cut n pasted it as a new image. I used the eraser tool to get rid of all the extra stuff.

I then copied and pasted THAT into the Jerry pic. I then used the deformation tool (the box thingie under the magnifying glass/zoom tool) to rotate and resize the loach (it was too big and not at the angle I wanted).

One I cleaned up all the edges so everything looked neat, I merged all the layers and used the effects tools (enhance photo) to match saturation and color (didn't get it exactly right, but worked ok).

The whole thing took me about 10 minutes (not including the time I took to find my base pictures).

Oh and btw, LOL as you noticed, getting the shadows right is REALLY important LOL that one legged boy pic is a hoot!

Back
Top Bottom